Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Nina Ultra Pro ~ Purple-Xing


Nina Ultra Pro ~ Purple-Xing  
Purple loaded with silver microglitter and holographic glitter

I got this polish in my swap with Katee from "A Girl and her polish". I’ve never heard of this brand before, but I was in love with the polish from the moment I laid eyes on it. I mean: Purple, silver and holographic glitter in one bottle? It’s a total win, no matter what!

The formula is pretty thick, which is good. I find it much easier to work with than a thin, runny polish. It took two easy coats to reach desired opacity, and there was practically no clean up afterwards.

And honestly, all the beauty was transferred onto my nails. I got purple and sparkly holographic glitter and all the bling I could possibly wish for.

Here are two coats, and one coat of Poshé top coat:


Doesn’t that just look great?
Drying time was pretty quick, which works well for me, although it did dry up a bit gritty. One layer of top coat didn’t fix that, but I wasn’t finished yet. I wanted to stamp on it.

I used stamping plate to11 and Essence’s stamping polish “Stamp me! Silver”, which is still the best silver stamping polish I’ve tried! I stamped the stars on randomly and sealed it all up with another coat of Poshé top coat. It almost smoothed out the grittiness.


What do you think? Isn’t that just a gorgeous purple??


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes

35 comments:

  1. That color is absolutely gorgeous!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, isn't it. It'll never leave my stash! <3

      Delete
  2. Amazing color! very bright and charming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just knew I was going to love this polish

      Delete
  3. It is gorgeous! Love the little silver stars :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm very pleased I added the stars :)

      Delete
  4. When you very, very, very soon get tired of that polish, I'll send you my address, well I even can pay for the stamps ;)
    I love it, and it would be so much happier at my place, I'm convinced of that hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I don't even think that this particular polish *wants* to leave its box. It looks so happy in there :P Haha!!! :D

      Delete
    2. Oh, nononono - it uses your cellphone and computer when you are not looking, the message is clear - it wants to come and live with me - seriously ;)

      Delete
    3. What a seriously naughty polish that is! I think I'll lock it up in future so it doesn't behave like that from now on! ;)

      Delete
    4. You are such an evil polish step-mum - The next time you use it it will be all streaky on you ;)

      Delete
    5. Wha....?! O_o Nooo!! :'|
      Okay, I'll tell you what: If it starts getting streaky on me, you can have it. But you have to come and get it yourself ;D

      Delete
    6. And there's tea/coffee/cola included in the deal ;) Not bad, eh? :D

      Delete
    7. OH wow, not bad at all LOL - I think you need to try it on soon again ;)

      Delete
    8. I totally need to try it on soon, it's just that I have so many polishes in my stash of untrieds, and they're crying for attention and love ;)

      Delete
    9. Yeah, it's a tough call sometimes - oh well, as long as you promise not to lock it up, it would be too cruel ;)

      Delete
    10. I'll try to be a really good polish stepmum in future! :D

      Delete
  5. Really great color! With the stamping it looks like the sky at night :)
    like it very much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm so glad I decided to add stars! :) :)

      Delete
  6. ELSKER stjernerne!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so sparkly and cute!

    The stars are amazing as well. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Love how you added the stars too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer a thicker polish myself. Thin just doesn't work for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really challenged when it comes to thin polishes. I'm much better with the thick, even gloopy ones :D

      Delete