Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 12: Stripes

Summer Challenge Day 12: Stripes

Let me introduce to you: My very first Essie polish. Well, it is in fact the second, but it’s the first I wear! Amazing, eh? I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about Essie, so I figured I’d give it a go.

My base for this stripy mani is “Jamaica me crazy”, a deep shimmery magenta.
The formula was nice, the brush is a bit thin for my likings, but manageable. And it was almost opaque in one coat. I gave it two, just for the heck of it!

Two coats, no top coat:


Delicious, eh? Deep, shimmery, sexy, seductive! I like this colour, even though I don’t wear it very often. I can see on the pics that the polish dries up a bit gritty, which I find very odd for a shimmer, but it doesn’t show in real life, so I don’t mind so much.

Time for stripes! I used a black striper polish from Claire’s and a pink glitter striper from Flexbrush. None of them appear to have actual names. I striped with the two polishes alternately, and sealed it all up with a layer of Poshé top coat.

Let me introduce to you: My striped nails:


You should check out these other Danish girls’ blogs to see what they came up with for striped nails:


Stay tuned the day after tomorrow - same bat time, same bat channel – for nails with animal prints!

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour! I haven't tried Essie polishes before but I've heard good things about them. Love the stripes you added :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It took me a long while to try Essies out, because there are also people who hate them, so I was unsure of what I'd think of them :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Tak :) Jeg er også selv meget tilfreds med dem :)

      Delete
  3. Jeg synes også at de er rigtig flotte! Dejlige farver:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak skal du have. Jeg er *meget* glad for den Essies farve :)

      Delete
  4. Eeeeekkk Essie :) yay!!! :) og så i en farve jeg IKKE har :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan det nu også passe! :D Og jeg har stadig et par stykker mere jeg skal have prøvet :)

      Delete
  5. Hvor er den bare en flot farve!! Jeg synes ikke rigtig jeg kan genkende navnet, er det fra den permanente linje?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusind tak!! Jeg har læst at Essie'en er fra Essie Holiday 2011 Collection. Jeg har ikke så meget forstand på Essie endnu :D

      Delete
  6. Yes, this Essie looks seductive! :)
    Looks nice with the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I enjoy this colour a lot :)

      Delete
  7. Uhh det er en hot mani du har fået lavet der :-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak, jeg er også *meget* tilfreds med den, selvom striberne er lodrette ;D

      Delete
  8. Ihhh den essie har jeg også, overvejer at sælge/bytte den, men nu bliver jeg helt i tvivl :-D

    Fine striber! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg kender godt det der. Giv den en chance til, og hvis du stadig er i tvivl, så må den have et nyt hjem :)

      Delete
  9. oooh what a gorgeous, rich color! I like the stripes you added too. Very cute mani! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm happy with mani myself as well :)

      Delete
  10. Super sødt. Giver en fed effekt med de sølvfarvede striber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak! :) Jeg endte også selv med at blive rigtigt tilfreds med resultatet!

      Delete