Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 3: Yellow

Summer Challenge Day 3: Yellow


Yellow nails. Ugh. Probably the biggest challenge of them all, and the one that I was looking forward to the least. Thank god it’s so early on in the challenge so we can get it over and done with.  

I used OPI “Fiercely Fiona” which I received in a swap, and is from the Shrek collection of spring 2010. It’s a polish that doesn’t quite know if it wants to be yellow or green, in my opinion, and really: It’s not my colour at all. But never mind, let’s see how it goes.

I applied three coats of Fiercely Fiona, and I honestly didn't like it much :D It was streaky, didn't cover very well and it took forever to dry.

Here’s how that looked without top coat:


And from another angle:


After that I decided to apply some glitter, because there’s nothing like glitter to save a mani! I chose a yellow glitter with stars from Trend Accessories. It’s a cheap polish and it smells really weird, but it’s perfect for Fiona.

Here’s one thick coat over the yellow:


I didn’t go fishing for the stars, and that means I ended up with none. But that’s alright – this mani didn’t last long anyway! :)

I didn’t apply topcoat, because this glitter is really shiny in itself, and it doesn’t dry up gritty at all. A good buy, if you ask me!


You should check out these other Danish girls’ blogs to see what they came up with for yellow nails: 


Stay tuned the day after tomorrow - same bat time, same bat channel - for green nails!

28 comments:

  1. This combo looks very very pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL so fun to read, every word really reflects how much you hated this challenge day hahaha
    But for what it's worth, I think it looks great on you, and the layering is really sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see a lot of difficult challenges ahead, but seriously, yellow!? The only thing that could have made it worse is if they had picked brown. I don't even own a brown polish :D

      Delete
    2. And thanks, by the way. It's very sweet of you! :)

      Delete
    3. OMG, I don't think I would have done this challenge at all, if we were to use brown! :-D

      Delete
    4. I would have had to mix a brown myself, because I surely wouldn't have bought one just for this challenge :D

      Delete
  3. The glitter made huge difference. I haven't found the perfect yellow yet, but im still looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice color and looks very unique

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous colour! I'm loving the yellow glitter on top xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellow is a really difficult colour to wear well but at least you tried :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did :) The challenge doesn't say anything about actually liking it :)

      Delete
  7. I really like that you put the glitter on top :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If everything else fails, put glitter on it - that's my motto! :D

      Delete
  8. hehe... I am not a big fan of yellow polish either. I do like the way it looks on you with the glitter on top! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There's nothing like a good glitter to spice things up :)

      Delete
  9. Great color and I love the glittery top coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm one of the few who don't like yellow on me then :D

      Delete
  10. I have yellow polish on my post today! How cool is that? I am loving this mani with the sparkle? I love sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're slowly approaching to like glitter! :P Hahah!

      Delete