Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 2: Orange

Summer Challenge Day 2: Orange

Orange! I have an ambivalent relationship with orange. I quite like bright colours, but oranges tend to lean towards autumn colours, and they go really badly with my skin tone. In fact – they don’t work at all. We just don’t co-ordinate in any way - hence I don’t wear yellows, golds, browns, burnt orange - and colours close to these - very much (if at all).

But hey – this is a challenge, right? :D So I picked a neon orange from Hot Topic that I bought in a blog sale.

I don’t like the brush. The handle is short and the "stick" that leads down to the brush itself is very long, which makes it difficult to control. I don’t like the bristles on the brush either - quite long, and "splayed out" towards the end. Difficult to use, and seemingly specifically designed to produce streaks! So, the application was a challenge in itself! I applied two streaky coats, and if my plan had been to wear this on its own I would definitely have applied a third coat. But I couldn’t be bothered, to be honest, because as you know by now, I would never simply leave a mani like that.

But here’s your shot for today’s challenge. Hot Topic orange:



I’d never wear this kind of colour on its own, so I decided to add some red. I used Sinful Color’s “Go go girl”, which is a classic red crème. I sponged the tips with the red, ending up with a result that looked like this: 


It’s almost like a sunset, don’t you think?


There’s a layer of Poshé top coat to protect it all.

Ironically, I ended up liking this a lot! :D



Check out these other Danish girls’ blogs to see what they came up with:

Stay tuned the day after tomorrow - same bat time, same bat channel - for yellow nails!

14 comments:

  1. The sponging looks great. It reminds me sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought to myself_ Sunset - and then I read what you wrote LOL
    Lovely for sure - and a "deadly" bottle of polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love, love, love the skull bottle! It was actually because of the skull that I bought it in the first place :D

      Delete
  3. It really looks like sunset. I really like the bottle of that orange :) I was a very big fan of skulls some years ago, and I still like them, but from the distance :)
    Anyway great combination again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still a huge fan of skulls :) So I love that bottle!
      Thanks, you're so sweet! :)

      Delete
  4. I wish we could buy Hot topic in Denmark/Europe. I love their skull bottles (also the ones that actually are glass skulls) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! But I plan to visit US at some point, and I'll be filling my suitcase up with polishes - also from Hot Topic :)

      Delete
  5. Nice sunset gradient! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Orv ja, det havde jeg slet ikke tænkt på! :D

      Delete
  7. i love this!! the orange looks soo gorgeous on you!!

    ReplyDelete