Friday, July 20, 2012

Orly ~ Mysterious Curse


Orly ~ Mysterious Curse
Dark purple/blue duochrome

The day before yesterday I asked a question about this Orly "Mysterious Curse", which is from the recent Dark Shadows Collection inspired by the Tim Burton movie Dark Shadows. I’ve got the two (pretty ones) out of the four in the series in a swap with Miss Katee from "A Girl and her Polish". This one and the dark, vampy red: Grave Mistake – see the post about that here.

When I applied the first coat, I thought that Orly had let me down formula-wise, and that doesn’t happen very often. The brush was a little bit wobbly, and the polish was leaving lots of streaks and bald spots. I was sure that this was a bad bottle. But after applying the second coat, it all looked great! The brush was still weird and difficult to work with, but the bald spots and the streaks were evened out perfectly.

Mysterious Curse is a duochrome, and it’s absolutely gorgeous! Here’s what it looks like from its blue side, without top coat:


And here’s its purple side.


Lovely, isn’t it?

Then I decided to sponge some glitter on the tips. I chose Sinful Color’s Frenzy, which is a clear base packed with turquoise and pink glitters. I got it in a swap with sweet Doctor S. Fierceness :)

Here’s the finished mani all sealed up with a generous coat of Seche Vite top coat.

Blue side:



Purple side:



Orly ~ Mysterious Curse
Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

27 comments:

  1. I love this polish (or Royal Velvet as the one I have is called) it's a true beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. And I was amazed to find out that I have both :)

      Delete
  2. Very simple and pretty! Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I love it with the glitter! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very great color!I love it! And also the glitters are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I must admit that I like this a lot! :)

      Delete
  5. I've just watched Dark Shadows movie yesterday :).
    Mysterious Curse is very beautiful! And with glitter also :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you like the movie? I still haven't seen it yet; Now I have to wait for it to be sold on DVD :)

      Delete
  6. Really love the glitter on the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mysterious Curse and its duochrome! And I like the way you added the glitters to the tips! Very pretty :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I was happy to see that it was a duochrome too, I love that fact :)

      Delete
  8. Love this mani! Might have to copy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rigtig fint! :) Åh jeg vil altså også gerne snart se Dark Shadows. Skulle egentlig ha set den i biografen, men blev syg. Tror den er virkelig virkelig flot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nuhr, det var synd!! Jeg skulle også have set den i biografen, men nåede det ikke, så jeg venter til den kommer på DVD :)

      Delete
  10. Its pretty, but I'm still selling it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll put the other one up for a swap. I don't need two of them.

      Delete
  11. Wow! I was having trouble deciding whether to wear this or something gold...your swatches have made my mind up for me! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad I could help you make up your mind :)

    ReplyDelete