Saturday, January 8, 2022

Picture Polish: Mirage

Someone is stealing my blog content. If you're not reading this on http://rainbowifyme.blogspot.com/ you're participating in a stolen blog. Click on the link to go to my genuine blog, thank you. 

*

Picture Polish: Mirage
Described as a pearly grey with blue hue and subtle shimmer

Today’s polish has been sitting in my box of untrieds since 2012 or 2013 because I wasn’t blown away by the colour when I received it. It’s a pale grey shimmer and I can’t quite decide whether this is meant to be a topper or not. Today I’m wearing it alone, no coloured underwear.

I used three coats for full opacity and the drying time was good.

I painted a green and an orange brush stroke on each nail and stamped over it. I found the leafy design on the stamping plate “OM-Q10”, which I believe I bought on Shein.

This is the final design.

Picture Polish: Mirage
Picture Polish: Mirage


I like the end result.

Picture Polish: Mirage
Picture Polish: Mirage


This is “Mirage” on its own; three coats and no topcoat yet.

Picture Polish: Mirage
Picture Polish: Mirage


Here are the things I used today.

Picture Polish: Mirage, OPI: I’m Sooo Swamped, W7: [lost its label], Born Pretty Store: No name black stamping polish
Picture Polish: Mirage, OPI: I’m Sooo Swamped, W7: [lost its label],
Born Pretty Store: No name black stamping polish


I am still not blown away by “Mirage”. I think the colour is odd and it’s so not a me-colour.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shimmer, slight colour change
Overall impression: Meh. Not my colour at all.
Buy again: No

4 comments:

  1. Three coats are the maximum that I could do, I love one-coaters :-) This colour doesn't inspire me, maybe I could use it as a base for some winter manicure... Your final manicure is pretty, it made the base colour look better :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me it's definitely also a base colour, I couldn't wear this on its own. But thank you, I appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. It looks okay. I quite like it :-D

    ReplyDelete