Sunday, November 10, 2013

Chaos & Crocodiles ~ LH05 ~ Gorgeous blue holo

Chaos & Crocodiles ~ LH05
Cobalt blue linear holo

It was quite a surprise to me that Chaos & Crocodiles also makes holos, but a pleasant surprise indeed. When I saw that Norway Nails had LH05, and read that it was a LE holo, and saw it was beautifully blue, I hurried and ordered it!

And when it arrived… man… it lived up to my expectations fully!

Let me start with the formula. It’s good! It doesn’t require an aqua base coat, it’s easy to apply, it dries fast, and it’s almost opaque after the first coat. I applied a second coat to give this holo the best possible opportunity to look its best!

No sun available today – the pics are all taken indoors with flash.

Two coats, no topcoat:


Isn’t that just gorgeous? I am so happy to be able to enrol this prettiness in my growing stash of holos.


Seriously, I took way too many pics of this, so it was hard to choose which ones to publish.


I stamped on it. I knew I wanted stars on it! I used stamping plate QA45, and I stamped with Kiko 616 Silver from the Mirror collection. I stamped stars on all the nails, and when I was done I sealed it up with a layer of Poshé topcoat. Here’s the final look:


Note the double star on the thumb. Yes, it’s a double stamp. First I stamped the big star, and then the little star inside it. I think this is the most precise stamping I’ve made!


One last pic because I love the pretty rainbows and stars so much!



LH05 is such a beautiful holo, and the best thing is that it also looks great out of the sun. There’s nothing murky or dusty over it, so yay, it just works on all levels!


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

I bought this polish on norwaynails.com, but hurry – they only have a limited amount of them!
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase. 

19 comments:

  1. Oh my a blue holo <3
    It looks very pretty and it doesn't even look like it looses much of the holo effect after putting on top coat. I usually have that problem with my holos, so I don't wear them much, although they are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my holos, and I don't think the holo effect was dulled at all.
      Now I just wait for spring and sunshine again :D

      Delete
    2. Yes! We need lots more sunshine for the pretty holos! :D

      Delete
  2. Love the double stamping on your thumb! Very impressive :-) And I think silver and blue always look great together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that I was impressed myself with that double stamp. It didn't get quite as good on my left hand, but still :)

      Delete
  3. Very cute model. I love the nail polish, looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm speechless - this is totally amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I am sooo glad I can call this mine! <3

      Delete
  5. That is an absolutely wonderful blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure the color blue holo I'm wearing on my blog right now is similar to this! We're like twins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love being like twins! Especially with you!

      Delete
  7. That's an amazing shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, it's stunning!!! Love the looks with stamping too!

    ReplyDelete