Saturday, November 16, 2013

Indigo Bananas ~ Executive Transvestite



Indigo Bananas ~ Executive Transvestite


Gold linear holographic foil

It’s my first experience with Indigo Bananas although I have been checking them out for a while. I just haven’t gotten round to actually buy any of them yet.

The formula is good and coverage too: It covered in two easy coats. Drying time is pretty good, no problems with that. When I looked at the bottle, the polish just looks like a regular metallic gold. But this shining baby has got so much more to offer. There are small gold flakies in it too, and… oh yeah: It’s holographic! Did I tell you that I love holographic polishes? No? Well… I love them a lot!

There’s no sun available here at the moment, so here’s a picture taken with flash. Two coats, no topcoat:


I am usually more into silvery polishes than golden ones, but I must admit that this is not bad at all.


I don’t know if it’s the little flakies that does the trick or if it’s the holo flames, but pretty? Yes it is!


It surely knows how to produce a neat little rainbow here!


I figured that this polish would be fantastic for Christmas, and I’ve learned that Christmas is about love, so I decided to freehand some hearts on the pretty gold. I used Rapid Red from Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri line, and made the hearts with a dotting tool.

I think gold and red go quite nicely together, don’t you?


Verdict:
I’m surprised over how much I like this, I always thought that golds were going to be “meh” to me, but this one is definitely not! A gold holo. Who would have thought?!


Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Maybe

12 comments:

  1. It's interesting how some polishes can change your mind about a color - Chanel made me truly lover a lot of shades I didn't really find interesting before LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love the little hearts, so sweet :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I have to practice more on my hearts - I want to be able to make them even smaller. :)

      Delete
  2. it's really pretty gold holo, it looks amazing on you! and this little heart make this mani more cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's nice when it turns out the way you want it, and gold and red are really good together! :)

      Delete
  3. This is really pretty so I can only imagine how stunning it will look in the sun. Really love the heart nail art too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that we get to see the sun again in 4-5 months time, and then I'll be sure to dig this polish out of hibernation again :D

      Delete
  4. That's so pretty! It's an unusual color for a holo (I don't think I've seen another quite like that), and I love it! Love the hearts you added too. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've seen anything like it either, perhaps that's why it fascinates me so much :)

      Delete
  5. When I saw the gold polish I didn't expect that you'll upgrade it with hearts :). And I'm loving the result! Gold and red look really great together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since gold is new on my nails, I thought it needed something special, like hearts. I need to practice my freehand skills :)

      Delete
  6. I'm not usually a gold fan but this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete