Sunday, November 3, 2013

piCture pOlish ~ Believe



piCture pOlish  ~ Believe
Deep eggplant purple with blue shimmer

Picture Polish is such a great brand, I really like the quality of the polishes and all the colours they have to chose between. They’re a good product.

When I received “Believe” my boyfriend asked “What colour is it?” And I had to admit that I didn’t know. It’s really hard to tell just from looking at the bottle. It showed it’s true colours to me when I applied it: It’s a deep, vampy eggplant purple with blue shimmer.

The formula is good, like I’ve learned to expect from Picture Polish. The pigmentation also; it took two coats to make it opaque. I have nothing bad to report about the drying time either.

Here’s what two coats of Believe and a layer of Poshé topcoat looks like:


Isn’t that just dark and vampy?


The shimmer is there, but it’s a little bit shy. Let me turn on the flash and make sure that you can see that it’s actually there:


See? It probably shows itself that much in the sunshine, but we don’t have sunshine here at the moment, so we’ll have to do with the vampy look instead :)

I made some dots on it with another Picture Polish (which was a birthday present from a dear friend earlier this year), namely Tease, with is magenta packed with silver shimmer. It’s SO beautiful. I made random dots in random sizes on half the nails, sealed it off with another layer of Poshé topcoat, and here’s my final mani:


Believe and Tease in a beautiful unity – I just love this!


One last shot, because the two polishes both deserve the attention!


I don’t think I would have bought Believe myself to be honest, but that’s mostly because I didn’t really know what colour it was. Eggplant purple with shimmer though, that’s a polish that’s always welcome in my stash!
 

Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: No


Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

10 comments:

  1. OMG I love them both so much, they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just! I also love how they look together! :)

      Delete
  2. it's really a king of magic - such beautiful base color and the prettiest subtle shimmer! LOVE this polish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a special polish for sure. I love the shimmer in it, and am looking forward to seeing it in sunshine too :)

      Delete
  3. The blue shimmers in there are so pretty, I have to say! Love the end result too! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shimmers are absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  4. It looks so cute with dots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a gorgeous purple polish!! May have to get that one!

    ReplyDelete