Sunday, November 17, 2013

Indigo Bananas ~ Anansi



Indigo Bananas ~ Anansi
Green/purple duochromatic with shimmer

I really like duochromatic polishes, but my heart belongs to those that work on their own. Or in other words: No underwear for my polishes! So I was curious to see if Anansi was such a polish, or if she requires something underneath her.

The formula is good. I had to work a little fast to avoid dragging when I applied the first coat. I checked out how it looked after the second coat, and I was almost satisfied, but not fully, so I went for a third coat. The polish was fully opaque after coat number three, yay! Drying time is pretty average.
I applied a layer of topcoat, and then I went out into the bathroom to take my pictures. That’s the best place for me to catch the duochromatic effect for some reason, haha!

So here you go, three coats, and one layer of topcoat:


How’s that for a colourshift? Nice, isn’t it just?!


I love the shimmer in Anansi too, it makes the polish really spectacular!


Purple and green go really greatly together!


If I flip my fingers like this, the purple really show off:


Verdict:
I am a great lover of duochromes, and polishes that can “do” something. I really like the colourshift, so I am willing to forgive the three coats. If you want it to look darker, you can easily layer it over black or a dark green. I like it better on its own though.


Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

13 comments:

  1. really pretty duochrome! it's cool that this polish is opaque in 3 coats, quite good result ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love that in a polish. If it's special enough, then I don't mind three coats. Rather that than layer it :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow nice color and duochrome effect! In the first picture I actually thought it was 2 different polishes at first glance xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about duochromes! They're like chameleons! :D

      Delete
  4. It is even prettier than I thought it would be - woow, I'm speechless!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love duochromes like this. Shimmer, duochrome, and it works alone. Yay! :)

      Delete