Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Colors by Llarowe ~ Good Fortune



Colors by Llarowe ~ Good Fortune  
Sky blue linear holo

I know you must be fed up with holos by now, but I’ve gone holo mad! Sorry about that. I promise to post something else soon! :D

This is my third ‘Colors by Llarowe’ polish, and I was well impressed with the other two. So I decided to play a little bit with this third one: Good Fortune. It’s been a while since I did a gradient, and I thought I’d make a holo gradient today!

I started out with just a thin layer of my to-go silver holo from Urban Outfitters “Silver Holo”. Great name, eh? It’s basically a strong linear silver holo that I mainly use when I do silver holo nail art. It covers really well and the holo effect is amazing. After that had dried (which was really fast) I made my gradient. I had expected it to be done in one go, but I actually had to sponge this three times before I was satisfied with the intensity of the blue! But girls, it was totally worth the extra effort!

Take a look:


The pics are taken in direct sunlight, and Good Fortune definitely lives up to her holo sisters!


I had spectraflair pigments all over my fingers afterwards, and it was just impossible to get rid of them. It’s good that a girl needs a bit of glittery stuff in her life, right? ;)


I kept it like this, so here’s the final shot!


Once the sun is back, I need to play more with holo gradients. Perhaps gradients where only one of the polishes is a holo! Or have you got other suggestions? Please feel free to share your ideas in the comments below! :)


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. You haven't gotten holo mad - haven't you always been ;)
    Anyhow I love your holo posts - and this polish is a stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I fell in holo love the first time I laid eyes on one, hahahaha!!!!

      Delete
  2. Very nicely done! I've yet to try any Colors by Llarowe--so many other shiny things to play with in my stash I haven't gotten around to shopping her brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also working on bringing the number of untrieds down!

      Delete
  3. I'm crazy for holographic nail polishes and this looks so beautiful~! I have to try these one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never enough holos! this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Lydz, you can never have enough holos! And this one is another good reason why! :D Loooove the mani btw :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you both feel that way, because I really love my holos! :)

      Delete
  6. Stunning! ^_^
    As for the gradient where only one of the polishes is a holo - I haven't tried this myself, but I'd love to see the result ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll try that soon - I'm looking forward to seeing what that looks like too :)

      Delete
  7. I'm all for holo love! Keep it coming-

    ReplyDelete