Thursday, November 14, 2013

Colors by Llarowe ~ Little Red Corvette


Are you up for another little red corvette? Yesterday I posted Little Red Corvette by Darling Diva. Today it's time for another little red car, namely: 

Colors by Llarowe ~ Little Red Corvette  
Red (berry and pink) linear holo

Sunshine! Yay, it’s time for another holo! I can tell you that I really enjoy it when the sun shows his smiling face. I sometimes wonder if I was born in the wrong continent, loving the sun and warmth as much as I do, and then having to live without it for at least half of the year!

Anyway! I was up for another red holo, you know I can’t resist them. This one is from Llarowe, and it’s not a true red (I haven’t seen many red holos that actually are true red). It’s okay though, as long as they’re pretty in the shade too!

Application was easy and it took two coats to make this beauty opaque. Drying time was good, and I didn’t need to use an aqua basecoat, I just used my regular base coat. No problems with dragging or bald spots or anything. Just great application!

I grabbed the bottle and went to a sunny spot and took my pictures. Are you ready for prettiness? Here we go; two coats, no topcoat:


Here you can see that the polish flashes pink and also a tiny bit of blue.


I really love this colour, it’s SO me!


Aren’t those rainbows just pretty? I would like to kiss and hug the person who figured out that putting spectraflair into polish was a good idea!


I stamped on it. I used stamping plate BM-314 from Bundlemonster and stamped with a no name black stamping polish. I applied a thin layer of topcoat afterwards, and here’s my final mani:


I can see on the pics that the black lines aren’t quite crisp but I didn’t notice that in real life at all. Weird that the camera has to pick up all imperfections, isn’t it?! :D


This polish is berry coloured when it’s not in the sun, and I really like that. It’s always a winner when the polish looks great both in and out of the sun! Yes!
I must admit that Colors by Llarowe has impressed me already, and I still have one more holo to go. I hope I make it while I still have sunshine available!


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. OK, no one needs to have 2 Corvettes in their garage, especially when their older sister do not own one ;)
    So your choice, I'll take whichever you choose for me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an impossible choice you're making me make!! And you know it, haha!! :D

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, but I like the other Corvette better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be able to chose between them, to be honest :)

      Delete
  3. Very pretty colour, but I'm not sure i could pull it off. It's a bit too pink :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does flash pink a lot! I still want a real red too! :D

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty! I especially like the look with the black stamping! Red and black is one of my favorite color combinations. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the final result with black stamping! *-* So edgy and pretty! I'm with you on not finding true reds, but everything with a touch of red is always gorgeous :) Come live to Portugal, you will get plenty sun! lool Kisses,

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually been in Portugal once, and I loved it!! xx

      Delete
  6. Oh how I am loving this mani! I love that swirly design and you know how I love holos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know! If we lived closer to each other we could have holo nights! :D

      Delete