Sunday, November 17, 2013

Indigo Bananas ~ Moonlight (Clair de lune)



Indigo Bananas ~ Moonlight (Clair de lune)

Clear base packed with silver flakies

When I saw this polish first, I actually thought it was gold. I guess the lights were playing tricks on me. It is indeed silver, and it can be used both as a topper and as a “real polish”. Allow me to demonstrate!

Edgy polish claims that 1 coat is about 65-70% coverage, and that this can be opaque on its own in three thin coats. I decided to try that out, and let me tell you straight away: This is a multifunctional polish! If you just want a little bit of bling, just some sparkle on your nails, you just apply one coat to the bare nail. Even I, who hate visible nail line, would accept that as a mani! If you want better coverage, and make it shine like chrome, then apply two coats. I couldn’t see any visible nail line after two coats. And if you’re a nail blogger like myself, and have a camera that can see things that aren’t visible in real life, then you apply three coats, like I have on these pictures.

Three coats and a layer of topcoat:


It’s like having tin foil on your nails. I really like how super shiny this is!


There are places that look patchy on the photos, but I swear, it’s not visible in real life at all. It’s just blingy!


You can wear it like that if you like simple, but super sparkly silver nails. Or you can use it as a background for something else. Red and blue stripes go really nicely on this:


I like that!
  
I also wanted to try it out as a topper. I tried it over Anansi, the green/purple duochrome I showed you yesterday. This is one coat over Anansi:


That sure looks like 65-70% coverage to me.

Verdict:
I have actually been looking for a silver flakie topper, so I only have positive things to say about Moonlight. It is nice to see that the producers of polish also think of us girls who prefer silver over gold. I like that it can be used both on its own and as a topper, that’s really cool. The only downside I can come up with is that the drying time is on the slow side. Thumbs up for Moonlight from me.


Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: -/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Yes

3 comments: