Friday, November 1, 2013

Darling Diva ~ Hot to Trot



Darling Diva ~ Hot to Trot
Red microglitter with violet miniglitter

There are some polishes that just thrill me. They reach out and handle me the way only something (or someone) particularly special can do. Hot to Trot is such a polish. It’s red and glittery and it almost looks alive in the bottle!

But. My heart sank when I applied the first coat. It was so sheer and I thought I had bought a topper. Not that there’s anything wrong with toppers, but that’s so not what I had in mind when I bought this! I decided to make this a test: Just how many coats does it take to make this beauty opaque?

The answer is: Three. The second coat covered much better than the first one, and the third coat made it totally opaque. Yay! The drying time luckily is really good, so I can easily live with three coats for this kind of display. And man, is this glitter beautiful!

I applied a layer of Gelous over it, and finished it all off with a layer of Poshé topcoat. And here, dear girls, I present Hot to Trot in all its glory:


I love red glitter (surprise!!!), but what makes this so spectacular is the added violet accent glitters.


Isn’t it just fabulous?



It was difficult to stop taking picture of this. It’s a very photogenic polish for sure!


I didn’t actually do anything with this; I just kept it as it is. I think that alone speaks volumes as to how much I like it!


And here’s one last shot, just because I can!


I have become a big fan of Darling Diva polishes. They come in so many great colours and finishes, and there’s always one I like.
What about you, girls? Have you got any indie favourites, or perhaps you don’t bother with Indies at all? If you don’t, I’d be interested to hear your opinions not only on this lovely, but indies generally...


Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: Yes

16 comments:

  1. That is indeed a glorious polish, but that was 6 coats total (I assume you also used a BC), and that is toooo much for comfort for me .)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, 6 coats. If you don't mind grittiness (which I usually don't) you can get away with 5 :)

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful hun! Your layering sure made this look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it definitely is fabulous! The purple glitter in amongst the red is so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that little detail that make the entire difference, imo :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! The ratio of red and violet glitter is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 coats is not much for such beauty! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty glitter! very unusual mix of red and violet sparkles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think so too. The purple makes such a big difference :)

      Delete