Monday, November 11, 2013

Pretty Serious ~ Grimm Demise



Pretty Serious ~ Grimm Demise
Green jelly with teal microglitter

Little children don't fare well in the shimmering, dark forests where the witches lie in wait, and now you can wear this fairytale on your fingertips as well. This sparkly teal polish has it's own intriguing aura of dark magic about it.

This is what Pretty Serious write about Grimm Demise. I honestly don’t think the polish is teal though, I think it’s green, but the microglitter definitely is teal and sooo nice! I love polishes with depths like this one. Seriously Pretty!

Application was easy and I was happy after two coats. The drying time is on the fast side, which is absolutely great! I hate to (literally) sit and watch paint dry… And this polish is really something. The glitter is like magic in the green depths. Take a look – here’s two coats and a layer of topcoat:


If that’s not spectacular, then I don’t know what is!


I was happy to find that this polish behaves really well for a jelly. And I do understand why they call it teal, because the little glittering bits sure make it look tealish (even though I think it’s green haha).


Take a look at the pretty glitters:


I stamped a simple design on it from Bundlemonster’s plate BM-316 and used Kiko 625 Emerald from the Mirror collection as my stamping polish. I applied another layer of topcoat before taking these pics:


I like designs like this one, because it’s so “open” and it doesn’t overwhelm the polish underneath. Stamping plate manufacturers should make more “simple” designs like this one – I’d definitely buy some! :)


That’s Grimm Demise for you, dear ladies. I have to say again: I’m a Pretty Serious fan! What about you?


Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

I bought this polish on norwaynails.com.
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

13 comments:

  1. I love this one, great colour! The subtle shimmer in this makes it even more beautiful. Cute stamping as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the microglitter in this polish, it definitely does the trick for me. Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  2. Great shade for you and I love the silver stamping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a pretty one - maybe not really teal, but your are right about the shimmer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when the prettiness transfers from the bottle and onto the nails, like this one does :)

      Delete
  4. Totally love the shimmers! And I really like the silver stamping you added on top too! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it as much as I do!

      Delete
  5. Uh I love green shimmers and this is no exception :)

    ReplyDelete