Monday, November 25, 2013

Ninja Polish ~ Hydra



Orly ~ Beautiful Disaster  
Magenta shimmer
&
Ninja Polish ~ Hydra
Pink/teal/green/golden multichromatic glitter


I started my mani out today with ‘Beautiful Disaster’ from Orly’s Mash Up collection, summer 2013. It’s magenta with a beautiful shimmer, and the formula is really good. It took two easy and fast drying coats to achieve the desired opacity. Orly was one of the first polishes I really fell in love with (Color Club was actually the first, but Orly was a close follow up), and that love affair hasn’t died yet. I have only been disappointed in a few of their polishes; most of the ones I’ve bought are still here in my stash!

Enough talk; here’s what Beautiful Disaster looks like. Two coats, one layer of Poshé topcoat:

Orly: Beautiful Disaster
Orly: Beautiful Disaster

Look at that shimmer, isn’t it just pretty?

Orly: Beautiful Disaster
Orly: Beautiful Disaster

I decided to pair it up with a colour shifting glitter from Ninja Polish: Hydra. Hydra is from the Dragon collection, also from summer 2013. It’s a copy of Hits Moonbow, but much denser!

I taped my nails down the middle and applied two coats of Hydra. After removing the tape, I made a line of dots where the two polishes meet. I used Star Gazer #304, which is a lovely teal/green shimmer, which fits the teal side of Hydra perfectly. I finished the mani with another thin layer of Poshé topcoat, and here’s the final result:


The cool thing about this combo is the colours that fit perfectly together. The teal side of Hydra fits Star Gazer 304.



And the pink side of Hydra fits Beautiful Disaster.


I think I’ve said it before: I love polishes that “do” something, and I’m really fascinated by colour shifting polishes.


Here are the three polishes:


And a close up of Hydra. It’s sold out from Ninja Polish at the moment, so I’m glad to have this bottle!  


What do you think? Was it a good idea to pair these three polishes up, or what?  

6 comments:

  1. I really love Hydra! And what a great combination :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hydra is such a great glitter, I love it. And thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. That's a gorgeous combination my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Orly is pretty! But I liked it a lot more once you added Hydra.

    ReplyDelete