Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Lilypad Lacquer comparison post



Lilypad Lacquer comparison post   
between Aquadisiac & Nature Calling – both green linear holos

I looked into the box with Lilypad Lacquers, and my eyes fell on Aquadisiac and Nature Calling. I thought that they looked pretty similar, and decided to make a comparison in order to figure out if I should keep them both or let one of them go.

Here’s what the two polishes look like:

Aquadisiac – Nature Calling

They look pretty similar, don’t you think? I might as well reveal right now that they’re not dupes. They’re not even that similar once they’re on the nails! I applied two coats on each nail. I have Aquadisiac on my pinkie, my middle finger and  my thumb, and Nature Calling on ring finger and pointer. There’s no topcoat on yet!

Take a look:
 
Aquadisiac – Nature Calling - Aquadisiac – Nature Calling - Aquadisia

See? Aquadisiac has got more blue in it, and Nature Calling has yellow instead.


The holo effect seems a little bit more prominent in Aquadisiac too.


I think it’s amazing that they look so similar in the bottle, and then turn out to be so different on the nails!


I like them both, and wouldn’t know which one to let go, if that had been the conclusion!


I made a dot on the base of the nail with the opposite colour. Mostly to see how opaque they are, but also because I like that there’s at least something on my polish, haha! I applied a layer of topcoat before these pics were taken:


I wasn’t surprised to see that Nature Calling is the most opaque of the two. It is the darkest of the two colours after all.


Here’s another bottle shot. This picture shows the difference better than the first one in this post.

Nature Calling – Aquadisiac

I must admit that I thought that these two were closer than they turned out to be. Which one do you like best? And would you keep them both?


Lilipad Lacquer ~ Nature Calling & Aquadisiac  
Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes, I think so!

You can buy Lilypad Lacquer at norwaynails.com.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

16 comments:

  1. As I like them both I'd keep them both! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'm probably going to end up doing just that ;)

      Delete
  2. It's surprising how green Nature Calling looks on the nail compared to in the bottle. I would probably keep them both but realistically would get more wear out of NC I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes the polishes really surprise when they come out of the bottle. I really thought these were more similar :)

      Delete
  3. That's a great comparison, and I too would keep them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both beautiful, but I think they are different enough to justify keeping both. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then that's exactly what I'm going to do. Thank you :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! I'm very impressed how much they look alike in the bottles, but looks so different on the nails! But they are very beautiful both of them and I agree with the others about keeping them both :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was impressed too, and very surprised! I thought they'd be hard to tell from each other, but no. I will keep them! Yay!

      Delete
  6. so, those two are pretty, but i like Nature calling because the base color is more vibrant and darker :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd go with the greener one on the left

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure which one I like the most anymore :D

      Delete