Saturday, November 2, 2013

KBShimmer ~ Don’t Teal Anyone



KBShimmer ~ Don’t Teal Anyone
teal base with gold, teal, blue, navy and fuchsia hexes

Teal has become my favourite colour in nail polish. It used to be purple, and that’s still a favourite, but Teal is just that tad prettier. I bought this polish in a blog sale a couple of months ago, and now that the sun isn’t shining, it’s time to try it on.

The formula is really good and the glitter spreads out easily and evenly. The coverage is great too – it takes two coats to reach full opacity. And I had no problems with the drying time either – it just dried fast.

I put on a layer of Poshé topcoat and then took my pictures:


I haven’t fished for the glitter or arranged it on my nails. What you see is the result of one dip in the bottle per nail. Not bad, eh?


I was worried and unsure that I would like this polish – but only because there’s golden hexagons in it. Gold is not me, as a rule. But having tried it on, all my worries have flown away like a flock of startled starlings in an old Oak tree. It’s just pretty!


Then I stamped on it. I used stamping plate Apipila Mix and stamped with a Kiko Mirror, #618 Orchid Pink. Kiko Mirrors are no less than fantastic for stamping!

Another layer of Poshé topcoat finished this mani:


I like this, but I would love some of the stamping plate companies to make some all nail designs that are covering less of the original polish.


Pink and teal actually go pretty well together. I’m impressed myself ;)


That’s my first KBShimmer, and I like it. I like that I don’t have to apply layer after layer of polish for total coverage, and yet the glitters didn’t drown. A winner for sure!

Do you like teal and pink together? Or is the pink too much?


Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

4 comments:

  1. Oh the stamping is so pretty - and as for the glitter, I like it a lot, but you know me and murky/dusty ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know. Perhaps it was a good thing I covered some of it up then :D

      Delete
  2. Love the teal shade, the glitter is so pretty. I think pink does go with teal but I agree, I would have liked to see more of the original polish showing through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a persisting problem that I haven't been able to solve yet. But I'll keep looking! :)

      Delete