Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Cuccio ~ Vegas Vixen


Cuccio ~ Vegas Vixen
Charcoal base packed with silver glitter

This bottle of polish has been sitting in my box of untrieds for quite a while, and there’s no particular reason for that. I mean, it’s silvery and glittery; two things that I really like.

But today is it’s day! And honestly: I think the polish looks even better on my nails than it does in the bottle. Cool, right?

Application was really easy. The formula was good, and the brush was just packed with the glitter every time I pulled it out of the bottle. The drying time was really good too, and so was the pigmentation. It was almost opaque after the first coat, and the second coat just created perfection. Nice! How many more boxes could there be to tick? It’s all good!

So here is my Vegas Vixen – as loud as they get. Two coats, no topcoat:


The pictures are all taken in my lightbox. This pic shows how much silver glitter they manage to cram into one little bottle of polish:


Then I tried to tone it down a bit, because this glitter is seriously loud! I picked a plain white Crème from Essence’s 50’s Girls Reloaded collection: “Ahoy!”, and a purple with blue shimmer from POP, called “Pansy Purple”. I made the white dots first and then the purple, making them overlap a bit. A layer of topcoat finished the mani off, and here’s the final result:


And from a different angle:


Here are the three sisters:


I must say that I failed terribly in making this mani less loud. I think the dots made it even louder - talk about pump up the volume!! I’m so glad that I don’t have to wear discrete manis at work!


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. That Vixen is gorgeous, she could even find a fox dent to live in here ;)
    I love the dot, they work very well on her too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is pretty, much prettier than I imagined to begin it. It's nice when it turns out like that :)

      Delete
  2. That looks fabulous! And the dots give it this extra fun element :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you pop the Vegas Vixen! The dots are extremely cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe the end result is so fun and sparkly (and a little loud... nothing wrong with that!) :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're right, it's totally loud. I love it loud :D

      Delete
  5. Love the bling! I think I have too much Harry Potter stuff in my brain--I first read the brand as Crucio, like the curse in the HP books. Silly brain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love your brain! It's been way too long since I watched any Harry Potter!! :D

      Delete
  6. In the box of untrieds? Such a beauty?? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I have way too many beauties in my box of untrieds :/

      Delete
  7. Love it with dots! The same here, I'm so happy I don't have a dress-code for nails at work :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to be able to just put on all the bling, also at work, isn't it! :D

      Delete