Monday, November 18, 2013

Indigo Bananas ~ Electric Unicorns



Indigo Bananas ~ Electric Unicorns
Lilac crème with green shimmer

Electric Unicorns is described as a periwinkle blue (or a medium, blue leaning lavender) creme packed with pale green duochrome glass flecks that also shift a green blue, and a stronger blue at steeper angles. To me it’s definitely more lilac than blue. And I might as well reveal it right away: The unicorns were really difficult to photograph. They kept showing up blue on the pictures, grr!!

Anyway, the formula is good, and so is the coverage. The first coat seems patchy and weird, but the second coat acts like a princess, and evens everything out and make it all look like in a fairy tale! Drying time is good, and I love the shimmer in this polish!

Take a look, here’s two coats, and a layer of topcoat:


It is darker from some angles than from others. Here’s a lighter angle view:


I love the green shimmer in this! Lilac and green, yes, that’s a great pair too!


It’s funny to look at the pictures, some of them look as if I made an ombre, but it’s the same polish all the way through, haha!


Check out the shimmer! I love it! Shiny and pretty, what more can I ask for!!


I did some stamping on it. I stamped with Kiko Mirror Collection 625 Emerald, and used a motif from the XL stamping plate “O”. It didn’t turn out quite as good as I had hoped for, but never mind. The green looks really cool over the lilac in my opinion!


Verdict:
I’d almost call this a winner because of the name alone. I mean, Electric Unicorns, that’s both cute and awesome. The lilac is a nice colour (side note: I just wish it photographed better!) and I’m a total sucker for the shimmer. No bad things to report about this beauty.


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: -/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. That combination with the stamping is perfect - I like this a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green stamp actually fitted the polish quite nicely, it just dried up really fast for me :) Thanks, I'm pleased you like it!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty color and I think the stamping looks great aswell :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The polish is really nice! Very calm and pretty color, and this blue flakies just pop it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calm is a great description of this colour. And I agree, the flakies do wonder too! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the Indigo Bananas polishes. They have such a good formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that I'm impressed too - this bunch are my first ones :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely shade of purple! Looks amazing with stamping! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh what a pretty shade! Just the perfect balance of blue and purple! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  7. loove the colour combo :] Very pretty pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's not the last time I've used that pattern :)

      Delete