Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Nabi Hologram ~ 15 Dark Purple

Nabi Hologram ~ 15 Dark Purple
Purple linear holo

This Nabi holo is the first Nabi that has caused me problems. I wore my aqua basecoat, like I know its sisters have liked, but that didn’t help against the dreaded dragging at all. I had to apply the polish with the lightest touch, and even though it was opaque after the second coat, I had to add a third to cover up all the irregularities. Fortunately it dries pretty fast, so it’s not that much of a big deal, but I must admit that I find it weird. You would think that they’d all act the same, right?

But anyway – it’s a pretty polish. Check it out - three coats, no topcoat:


The rainbows almost look as if they come from within the polish, I really like that.




The polish looks darker from certain angles too. I like this shot where it flashes purple, pink and blue.


 I stamped on it. Surprise!! I used stamping plate Apipila 01 and a no name white stamping polish. I chose a different design for each nail. I know Nabi holos are bleeders (that just never sounds right, does it?), so I didn’t apply a topcoat, and here’s the final mani: 



I am of course a Hello Kitty fan, as well as fan of both stars and hearts on my nails, so I really like these five designs together.


I think I’ll start using single designs more as opposed to all nail designs. This way I get to see more of the original base colour.

Nabi has made some great holos, I like the ones I’ve bought. I am somewhat puzzled that this one out of them all decided to act like a diva despite the aqua basecoat, but since the drying time is so good, I’m willing to forgive that I needed the extra coat to make it nice and smooth. Like I said, it would have been a two coater if it hadn’t been for the dragging of the polish.


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

18 comments:

  1. I just love purple holos. This is sooo pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too - I am just a bit sad that the sun isn't out that much at the moment :)

      Delete
  2. It is such a pretty holo, only I have a slight problem with the smell of Nabi's polishes :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they're that bad, to be honest. And I love how fast they dry! The biggest downside about them (to me) is that they are bleeders.

      Delete
  3. Purple holo <3
    Uh and I really like the Hello Kitty stamping :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love Hello Kitty, I just use the stamps with her way too seldom :D

      Delete
  4. O love this mani! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like uniformity in nail polish brands and collections. Don't know why this Nabi is weir regarding that lol. But I can see how pretty it is despite the dragging!! *-* Kisses,

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think that they should act the same, right? But this purple is a diva, LOL! :D
      <3

      Delete
  6. That's such a pretty shade for a holo! Love it! And the stamping you added on top is really cute... the white/purple is a nice contrast. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A topcoat would have made the contrast smaller - I should have tried that too, just to see what that looked like :)

      Delete
  7. I almost thought this was a Layla Holo polish. The bottle shape looks alike.

    Gorgeous holo polish here btw. Love the nail art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Layla and Nabi Holograms look exactly the same, it's hard to tell the difference when they're in their Helmer :D

      Delete
  8. I'm told that top coat ruins the holo on this brand as well. Can you try this and let me know?

    ReplyDelete