Friday, November 8, 2013

OPI Liquid Sand ~ Magazine Cover Mouse



OPI Liquid Sand ~ Magazine Cover Mouse
Red texture with golden and pink shimmer

Magazine Cover Mouse is from the Couture de Minnie Collection from this summer. The collection included three shimmers, a glitter and this textured polish.

The formula is good (exceptional, for an OPI, haha!), and the pigmentation is good too. I applied two coats for full opacity, and the drying time between the coats was actually really good. (That’s 3 ‘goods’ in 2 sentences!!) The OPI chef has definitely improved the recipes since the Mariah Carey Collection came out! I remember the drying time on those was a show-stopper!

Anyway – back to Magazine Cover Mouse. Let me show you two coats, no topcoat:


I got this polish in a swap a couple of months ago. I was afraid that it was going to be too golden for me but it isn’t. It is as if the pink shimmer makes up for the golden touch the polish has. Nice!


This picture shows some of the pink glitter. That adds hugely to the prettiness if you ask me!


Here’s a blurry pic to show off the shimmer! I love textured polishes, but they only work for me if they’ve got shimmers in them. If not, well, then they’re pretty much just “bumpy polish” to me. :)


I stamped on it. I wish I had a stamping plate with Disney motifs on it, and preferably Minnie Mouse of course. The closest I could get was stamping plate KD3, which is a Fauxnad I bought way back when I started stamping. The plate has a silhouette of Mickey (or Minnie) Mouse, which will have to do for today. I taped my nails diagonally across and stamped with a no name black stamping polish. I did seal my mani up with a layer of Poshé topcoat, and here’s what it ended up looking like.


I’m not impressed with the stamping plate – it’s as if the ears only get filled out half, making the design look like blobs with ears, haha!


I love red and the only reason I’ve rated this so relatively low in “prettiness” is because of the golden shimmer. It’s not because it isn’t pretty, it’s just because I’m not usually into golden polishes. What about you, girls? Do you also think that this would have been prettier if it had contained silver shimmer instead of golden shimmer?


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: No
                   

11 comments:

  1. Aww, thos Minnie/Micky heads are so cute, and ver appropriate for this polish :)
    It's fun you keep buying OPI's ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually just bought three more, I must have gone completely insane, hahaha!!! :D

      Delete
  2. I loooove this polish even though it has golden glitter. And you are so right! Most textured polishes have golden glitter. I would prefer silver glitter instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who prefer the silver over the golden, thanks!! :)

      Delete
  3. Very cute! I don't mind gold shimmer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you don't :D I'm glad you like it, and I do too :)

      Delete
  4. This is one of my favorite liquid sands from OPI. It's soo pretty and I must admit that I like the gold in, but I think that because it looks a little christmassy with the red and gold :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, I usually like red and gold together, but I so wish for more sands with silver glitter or shimmer in :) And I'd love a red! :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it would have been great if they had made one like that for their christmas collection. Uh and I really miss a christmas green liquid sand aswell :)

      Delete
    3. Good point about the Christmas green liquid sand! I hope the polish companies listen and make that! :)

      Delete