Friday, November 15, 2013

Lilypad Lacquer ~ Blooming Violet & Bluebell



Lilypad Lacquer ~ Blooming Violet & Bluebell  
Violet linear holo & Sky blue linear holo

If you check out various nail groups on Facebook, you’ll probably see that lots of girls are talking about Lilypad Lacquers. It’s an indie brand that has moved up the ladder really fast – and with good reason. Nice colours and great formulas – that kind of news spreads fast!

Let’s get to the two polishes I decided to wear today. I applied two easy coats of each colour to reach desired opacity, and the drying time was equally good on both polishes. That all adds up to one word : Nice.

Let me reveal right away however,  that these aren’t my favourite Lilypads. Here’s a picture taken in direct sunlight – perhaps you can guess why, just by looking at the picture:


Can you see? The rainbows aren’t as prominent as I wish for in my holos. They’re there, but I just wish they would Pop! Pop! Pop! more!


Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, but, yeah…


From this angle they show the most:


Anyway – let me spice it up a bit, that usually helps, haha!! I made three dots on each nail with the opposite colour, and that definitely moved us right on along. I had to dot the pink twice to make it opaque enough to make sense on the blue, which almost makes it look like 3D - I like that! There’s one layer of topcoat on the following pictures:


I was surprised to see that the holo effect was strongest in Blooming Violet. I like the blue polish the most though, because of the pow effect! :D


One last shot to show you a bit more of the rainbows :) They are pretty after all!


I don’t want to bring Lilypad Lacquers down, because they’re really great polishes. The violet might just be too pale for me, but the blue is a really cool colour. But hey, they can’t all be favourites, can they? :)


Lilipad Lacquer ~ Blooming Violet & Bluebell  
Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 5/10 & 8/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 7/10 & 8.5/10
Buy again: No & Yes

You can buy Lilypad Lacquer at norwaynails.com.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

12 comments:

  1. It's a very sweet mani, I like it a lot.
    I like the brand too, but I agree, the holo is very subdued...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's because I love in your face-holos the most. I really like the blue colour! :)

      Delete
  2. Never heard of this brand before! I wish there was a bit more holo. I like subtle holos but this it a bit too subtle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also make strong holos, of which I have some, I'll post when I get to them :)

      Delete
  3. I love blue and pink combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 2 polishes go well together and I like the mani you ended up with, but I agree with the others (and you) that the holo is too subtle. The colors are pretty though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and they are definitely both keepers. It's just that all polishes can't be favourite polishes :)

      Delete
  5. the dots are very cool! i like the idea. about polishes - the blue is completely winner, but violet still looks cool, but a bit pale, as you said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It;s not just you. We are connoisseurs of holos. I tried this brand and immediately sold them. They're pretty, just not as blingy as you and I come to expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps that's the thing, I didn't think of it that way. She does however make some that are as blingy and I (and you too) like them :)

      Delete