Thursday, November 28, 2013

Nicole by OPI ~ Listen to your Momager!



Nicole by OPI ~ Listen to your Momager!
Dark blue shimmer

The stupid name says it all: We’re now back at OPI’s polishes! Jeez, they should fire the dink-heads who make up their polish names! Anyway – Listen to your Momager! is from the Kardashian Kolor collection from holiday 2012. NOPIs aren’t easy to get here usually, but this collection was suddenly for sale in a local discount shop here. I wouldn’t have bought any if they had been full price (because polishes here are usually ridiculously expensive), but with a good discount? Yes please!

Listen to your Momager! has a good formula. The polish glides on easily and covers well in two coats. Drying time is pretty good too. I must admit that I looked at the bottle with suspicion – and I wondered why the heck I bought it. I mean, I have a ton of dark blue shimmers, and do I really need another one? But girls, once this was on I had no regrets. This is definitely one of the prettiest blue shimmers I have. It’s deep and the shimmers are so big that they’re almost flecks.

Enough talk – you’ve got to see it yourself! Here it is, two coats, no topcoat yet:


Look at that shine and that shimmer! Isn’t that just looking cool?


One last pic on its own:


Then I taped my nails with striping tape. I made a cross on each nail and then I applied two layers of Ulta “Indigo-go Girl”. That’s indigo hexagons and glitter in a slightly tinted base. I thought this would work on its own, but it doesn’t really, which is why I layer it over the NOPI! Anyway, I removed the striping tape before the polish had dried, and then applied a layer of Poshé topcoat. And here’s my final mani in the sunshine:


There’s so much shine in this that it’s hard to see the cross I made, isn’t it?


It’s like a blue disco ball on my nails. I dig this!!


Here’s one last shot in ordinary daylight. This was you can see where the striping tape was!


I love both these polishes. I was impressed with the shimmer of Listen to your Momager!, and a little bit disappointed that Indigo-go Girl isn’t a polish that works on its own. But yes, despite the pathetic naming convention, they’re both keepers!

Listen to your Momager! is a stainer. But for some weird reason it only stained the nails on my right hand, even though the two hands get the exact same treatment. Weird. 

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful polishes, especially the first one I think. Too bad it stained, weird that only one hand was stained. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that really puzzled me. I mean, it's the same basecoat, the same treatment, and the polish stayed on equally long. Really odd!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty blue. Even if it is part of the kardashian line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful blue!

    I actually really like the names from OPI (don't know many from NOPI though), because I think they are really funny, but then again that might be becaue of my weird sense of humor :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that might be. Or perhaps I'm just being grumpy about it :D

      Delete
  4. It is a gorgeous blue in spite of the silly name :D
    I prefer it without the glitter, even if that is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit that this isn't the best match I've made, but I actually liked it pretty much anyway :)

      Delete
  5. Listen to your momager is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooow! such a precious blue shimmer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Listen to your Momager reminds me of Orly Stone Cold and the final mani looks like a wrapped box with presents! (only the ribbon is missing :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good point, I like the thought of that! :) I hadn't thought of Stone Cold, but it's true! :)

      Delete
  8. That base color blue is very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete