Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nubar ~ Absolute

Nubar ~ Absolute
A pale blue with fine rainbow holographic glitter
 
It's always interesting to buy nail polish in colours you wouldn't normally bother with. Nubar's Absolute is such a colour. Under normal circumstances I would find it too pale, but since this is a holographic, I decided to give it a try anyway.

Applying it was easy - the biggest problem with this polish is that it's so darn sheer. I applied layer after layer, and was only just satisfied after coat number four.



Four coats is more than I'm usually prepared to work with, but this polish dried relatively quickly between each layer, so it wasn't as big a pain as I expected it to be.

The colour is, as I expected, way too pale for me.

The holographic effect is kind of vague. Perhaps it's because there's no sunshine here at the moment. But seriously - I wasn't impressed with it at all.


It isn't that it's not pretty. It's just not striking, the holo effect is bland at best, and it's not me, if you know what I mean.


Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: 5/10
Durability: 5/10
Value for money: 5/10
Overall: 5/10
Buy again: No

11 comments:

  1. Aw, that's a shame you weren't impressed by it. It looks pretty in your pictures though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :) I had a feeling that it would be like that. I thought I'd give it a go anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue nail polishes are my weakness, so obviously I liked it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, such a shame you didn't end up loving it! this color is going on my wishlist, i adooore it!
    i hope the next blue holo won't disappoint :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if I have this? I'm gonna have to check my stash-sucks that you had to do so many layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Sandra ~ I'm sure I would have loved it too if the holo hadn't been so subtle. I'll check it again when spring and the sun comes. :)

    @ Beanie ~ Thank you. I shall continue trying polishes out until I find the perfect ones for me. :)

    @ Fingers ~ Yeah, the many layers are a pain. Fortunately it dried relatively fast in between the layers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this one! Very pretty blue and a rainbow makes everything better! =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wish the rainbow would be more obvious. But I'll try it again when we reach spring and the sun shows itself more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a shame it took so many layers. I have this one in my untrieds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Four layers are more than I'm usually prepared to work with, but this one dried up pretty fast so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. :)

    ReplyDelete