Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 13: Animal Print


Summer Challenge Day 13: Animal Print

I hope you’re up for awesomeness today. I’ll try one of my new Japanese pretties, namely one of the PA polishes.

The bottles aren’t very big, and since I don’t know if I’ll ever get the chance to get my hands on this brand again, I decided to layer it. I chose a dark blue Essence polish, “Hard to resist”, which covered perfectly in one coat – but I applied another layer, just to give the PA the best conditions.

“Hard to resist” is a beautiful dark blue and very shimmery polish. The formula is great and drying time is fantastic. I love Essence polishes!

Two coats – no top coat yet:


I love the deepness this polish has got!

Now for the next layer – the PA with the number AA23. It looked pretty thick in the bottle, so I am sure that you can make this opaque in two coats. I’m still glad I’ve got proper underwear for it though! Application was easy, the silver bits spread out almost effortlessly, leaving the nail blue, silver and very sparkly!

Here’s one coat over “Hard to resist”, covered with one coat of Poshé topcoat:

PA AA23
 Isn’t that just gorgeous! I love it!!

But hey – we’re here for the animal print, you might say! And yes, you are indeed. I chose to use Mash plate number 39 and stamped twice – first with Barry M’s lilac foil, and then with Essence “Stamp me! Silver” stampy polish.

And here’s your animal print: Unicorns on blue and silver:


What do you think? Is that PA polish a win or what? Is it cheating to use a unicorn as the animal for animal printed nails?


You should also check out these other Danish girls’ blogs to see what they came up with for nails with animal prints on them:


Stay tuned the day after tomorrow - same bat time, same bat channel – for nails with flowers!

31 comments:

  1. Hahaha, a new take on animal print, very refreshing.
    I love the base color combination, very elegant and nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like making my "own rules", even in challenges. Different is good, imo :)

      Delete
  2. I love you PA glitter polishe! Looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out very nice in my oppinon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, great idea of animal print! :) Love how you did the job! This PA polish is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I wanted my animal print to be different than "just" leopard spots ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh this turned out fab! What a brilliant way to do animal print ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. What an interesting way to do an animal print! Love the base color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought unicorns would be the perfect animal for this challenge :)

      Delete
  7. Unicorn is totally a trump card, UNICORN IS ALWAYS GOOD. NO MATTER WHAT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'll keep that in mind for future challenges :D

      Delete
  8. i love this :) super cute unicorn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the PA glitter polish! It looks great layered over the Essence polish! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pa glitter is a total win, and I'm so glad to have it. :)

      Delete
  10. Fnis, jeg er glad for at se jeg ikke er den eneste der har "snydt" en smule :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg kalder det at være kreativ i stedet ;D Haha!!

      Delete
  11. This is a gorgeous blue combo! And I love that unicorn! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the unicorn is perfect for this challenge :)

      Delete
  12. This whole manicure is delightful :)

    ReplyDelete