Sunday, December 4, 2011

HOT Makeup ~ Petrol Blue

HOT Makeup ~ Petrol Blue
A petrel blue crème

and

Klean Color ~ City never sleeps
A clear jelly packed with teal glitter and larger pink and gold hexagons

HOT Makeup is a very cheap brand here, not very common, but sometimes available in the larger supermarkets. They usually have a lot of (to me) uninteresting colours, but I fell for this petrel blue (and yes, it’s called Petrol Blue).. I thought it was a great colour, and if the formula wasn’t much good, I imagined I might be able to use it for stamping.

I wanted to test it out, so I applied one coat, and it covered perfectly, and I mean *perfectly*. The appropriate word here is ‘impressed’. The formula is a bit on the thick side, but it was *so* easy to work with and covered the nail without streaks or bald spots.

Here is one coat. One!


Had I wanted to stamp on it, I might have added a second coat, just to smooth out the surface perfectly, but I had other plans for this baby: Klean Color’s “City never sleeps”. 



This glitter is in a very thick jelly, which I imagine will be on the tricky side to work with after a little while as the polish get older. But for a fresh bottle of polish it was great. The glitter spread out evenly without any problems whatsoever.

The only con is that it leaves the surface very bumpy, so it needed two generous coats of Poshé top coat to even it out nicely.

I’m pleased with this. Very pleased indeed.


HOT Makeup ~ Petrol Blue
Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.25/10
Buy again: Yes

Klean Color ~ City never sleeps
Opacity: 2/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. That blue is gorgeous. It's always nice to be impressed by a polish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaaa so pretty and I have that Kleancolor but haven't got round to using it yet, must try it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls. I just love it when a polish surprises like this one did. It totally rocks! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really pretty with or without the glitter! Blues are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say that I'm getting more and more fond of blue nail polish. I so want to try this with a stamp on top too. :)

    ReplyDelete