Thursday, December 15, 2011

OPI ~ Meep meep meep

OPI ~ Meep meep meep
A dark fuchsia with pink and gold flecks of microglitter

“Meep meep meep” is from OPI’s Muppet collection from Autumn 2011. It’s a gorgeous dark fuchsia, which caught my eye instantly. I am so not an OPI-girl, and it takes a lot for them to convince me to buy their polishes. I think I have four of them in my collection at the moment, that’s all.

So anyway – the formula seemed good, and “Meep meep meep” looked really good already after the first layer. I waited for what seemed like forever before applying coat number two, and it looked perfect after that. Here it is, two coats and one coat of Seche Vite top coat:


The biggest drawback about this polish is the interminable drying time. I just don’t have the patience (or the spare time) to wait for so long for my nails to dry. And not even my beloved Seche Vite could save me this time. My manicure lasted for approximately an hour, then I had large dents in three out of ten nails, so I wiped it all off.

I love the colour, but it’ll be a long time before I buy another OPI!


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 2/10
Value for money: 4/10
Overall: 5.5/10
Buy again: No!

7 comments:

  1. this one was one of my favs from this collection! suck the drying time was so bad, I have only used this on my toes and just 1 coat, need to try a mani

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really really pretty! I do understand why you're not so fond of OPI, though. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Amor ~ Perhaps I'll just make it a toe polish instead, it *is* a gorgeous colour. :)

    @ Alice ~ Thank you so much. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I'm not a huge OPI fan-hate the brush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a shame - they do make pretty colours. But nah...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also shy away from OPI. I can get similar colors and better product for less from China Glaze and others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, and China Glaze is also very high up on my list of favourite polishes, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete