Thursday, January 19, 2012

Essence ~ Time for romance (#72)

Essence ~ Time for romance (#72)
A mauve-ish jelly base with small and large pink glitters and hexagons

The hardest thing about this polish is actually to describe the colour. It’s brownish/mauve-ish and even pink-ish with lots of small and large glitters. It looks so pretty in the bottle. I don’t think it’s quite as pretty on my nails though. I don’t know what’s wrong with it – it’s just “meh!”  Thinking of it, it might be the fact that I though it was Bordeaux – and then it turned out brown. Not really my colour, to be honest.

Here’s three coats, no top coat:



It grew a bit on me over the next day or so, but I think I need to try it over a more powerful colour, to make it stand out more. Drying time between the coats was pretty good.

Oh – I did try a new top coat after taking this picture – also from Essence. It’s called “Gel look-top coat”. There’s a label on the bottle, saying "XXXL shine" – which sounded promising.

And yes – it did make the mani very shiny. But man – it just took forever to dry. It was as if it wouldn’t stop being tacky. :/ I probably won’t bother buying that again.


Essence ~ Time for Romance
Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: 4/10
Durability: 4/10
Value for money: 5/10
Overall: 4.5/10
Buy again: No 


Essence ~ Gel look top coat
Opacity: -/10
Colour, prettiness: -/10
Durability: 6/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall: 6/10
Buy again: No 

12 comments:

  1. Oh i was gonna buy the 'gel topcoat' cause i love the look of super shiny nails. But stopped myself a few times for that very reason. I dont have time to use anything other than a quick-dry topcoat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, me neither. I'm so good at making dents in almost dry nails, so I need something that dries relatively fast.

      Delete
  2. If Essence was sold here then I would definitely have bought Time for Romance by now. I've seen it on other blogs and I think you'll like it better layered over a fuchsia pink or indeed a maroon colour.
    Shame about the top coat taking so long to dry :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice, I think I'll try with both those colours. I hope that it'll show up more vibrant that way. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Really? I just couldn't get used to it myself.

      Delete
  4. very pretty,would be gorgeous in the summer when the light catches the glitter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point indeed. I think I started blogging at the wrong time of the year, - so many of my polishes would look so much better with some sunshine on them. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks on you. :)

      Delete