Saturday, February 11, 2012

Nubar ~ Prize ~ Valentine’s Mani


Nubar ~ Prize ~ Valentine’s Mani
Holographic red with a pink overtone


We don’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day here in Denmark, even though florists and chocolate shops try to convince us to.

I did want to make a cute Valentine’s Day mani though, just because. I grabbed Nubar’s Prize from the ‘Prisms’ collection - a sparkly red/dark pink holographic. I have been very excited over this particular polish, and thought that it would be a cool colour for this occasion.

Application was easy – Nubar has never let me down in that respect. It took only two coats to achieve the desired opaqueness, and man, it’s just beautiful. None of my pictures does this polish any justice.It shines and sparkles and shows the holo, but it just doesn't show on my pictures. :/

Here’s the best of my pics. Two coats, no top coat:


It’s a perfect base for some love, right? I chose Bundlemonster’s plate BM202, and used Konad’s white stamping polish. I placed my heart motive randomly on each nail – and two on each thumb.

Here’s how it looks, with a coat of Poshé top coat:


I like this, even though it’s a bit girlier than I would usually go for. Valentine’s day is only once a year, right? ;)


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, it would be perfect if it was possible to photograph nicely too. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Nubar is definitely also moving up on my list of favourites. :) Xx

      Delete
  3. This is definitely one of the cutest Valentine's Day manis I've seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Oh, I'm so happy to hear that, thank you so much!! :)

      Delete
  4. I almost used that exact stamp for my vday nails!! How funny is that???? I HATE valentines day-I think it's stupid and too much pressure on people who are in love-and for people who are sad and single like me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is indeed very funny! I'm not crazy about the idea about Valentines day so it suits me great that it hasn't quite made it here yet!

      Delete