Saturday, February 25, 2012

Nubar ~ Violet Sparkle

Nubar ~ Violet Sparkle
Clear base packed with violet glitter


I am a sucker for a good glitter polish, and I am a big fan of Nubar polishes, so having both in one bottle is just perfect.

The formula was good, as is usual with the Nubars – and the glitter dried so fast that I had to work a tad on the fast side to make it look the best.

Two coats and I was satisfied. It dried up very matte and gritty though, so I added a very generous coat of Seche Vite top coat, and man did that lighten up the manicure and give the colour depth!!


It was damn hard to capture on camera though, but I succeeded – these pics are pretty colour accurate.


It’s a polish that’s very thirsty for top coat, so I could easily have added a second coat. But I like it a tiny bit gritty – I think it enhances the beauty of the glitter, so it sparkles instead of shines.


I think this polish is stunningly beautiful, but that’s just my opinion of course. ;)
 
This manicure chipped in less than 24 hours. I absolutely hate it when it happens that fast! >:|



Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 2/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall: 6.25/10
Buy again: No

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! I need more purples in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning purple! It is very upsetting when a mani chips so fast! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I must admit that I expect to get more than 24 hours out of my manis.

      Delete
  3. It's so nice! Too bad about the chipping. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it really is. Next time I'll try with another base and top coat to see if it changes anything.

      Delete