Friday, January 9, 2015

Darling Diva ~ Funny Bunny and Caged Heat



Darling Diva ~ Funny Bunny and Caged Heat
Two polishes from my latest grab bag

Today I’m going to show you two Darling Divas that I received in a grab bag. The concept is that you buy five polishes in one go – and you have no idea about what colours are going to show up. You can’t request colours or finishes.

The first one is Funny Bunny. It’s a purple jelly with glitters, hexes, more glitters and stars in various colours. I intended to wear it on its own, but seeing how sheer the first coat was, I changed my mind. I guess it would have taken at least four coats to build this up to full opacity, and I was definitely not in the mood for that. So I layered it over a lovely purple from Golden Rose’s Matte Velvet collection, #107. It’s my favourite nail art purple because it’s both beautiful and a one coater – I love that.

I applied one layer of Funny Bunny over the purple. I had to dab the glitter around a bit to make it spread out evenly on the nails. Drying time is pretty good.

Here’s one coat of Funny Bunny over Golden Rose Matte Velvet #107, plus a layer of topcoat:


I was unsure about the green stars when I saw them first, but I must admit that they add positively to the polish.


And nothing really sticks out from the nails, and that’s a big plus!


Here are the polishes I used:



The next polish up is a topper: Caged Heat. It’s a clear base packed with black and white hexes, circles, bars and glitters, and there is holo goodness in the base too.

I chose to apply it over red, namely another Golden Rose Matte Velvet: #106. I simply love that series of polishes!

There’s so much glitter in the bottle, so I had to wipe off some of it before I applied it onto the nails. So what you see is perhaps half a dip in the bottle per nail, haha. The glitter doesn’t spread out evenly, it really wants to follow the brush to the end of the nail – I struggled a bit with that. Anyway – the drying time is good.

Here’s one coat of Caged Heat over Golden Rose Matte Velvet #106:


I am not a fan of bar glitter, so I’m pleased that I didn’t get that much of it on my nails :D


Here’s a flash picture, so you can get a small peak of the holo goodness.


And here are the two polishes I used:


What do you think?

14 comments:

  1. I liked the green stars! Funny Bunny is fun and nice but I wasn't that impressed with Caged Heart probably because of the string glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green stars are a really positive surprise in Funny Bunny! :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't like the bar glitter but I have been wearing black and white topper lately, kind of graphic one like the second one of yours and I liked it a lot :) These nail polishes are OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's cool to get polishes that you actually like in grab bags :D

      Delete
  3. LOL what a name: Funny Bunny :D
    Of these two that is also my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are nice! I think the black and white glitter is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that Caged Heat also get a little bit of love, thank you :)

      Delete
  5. These are both really nice but I do like the first one more :-D

    ReplyDelete