Monday, February 22, 2016

Nail Pattern Boldness ~ Tourmaline



Nail Pattern Boldness ~ Tourmaline
Magenta jelly with colourshifting shimmer

Tourmaline is/was a store exclusive for Edgy Polish. I ordered it first time it was in stock, but that package got lost in the mail, damnit! I couldn’t just get another one because it had sold out in the meantime, more damnit!!

Fortunately Maria decided to get rid of her bottle, so I bought hers instead. After that Edgy Polish restocked Tourmaline, but this particular polish has been on special for a long time, since they stopped selling Nail Pattern Boldness polishes.

Anyway, back to Tourmaline, shall we? The formula is good and easy to work with. I used three coats for this mani and the drying time is pretty good. The polish definitely needs a layer of topcoat to shine to the max!

Here’s three coats and a layer of topcoat:



The depth of this polish is really amazing.


I didn’t leave it like that though, haha. I added glittah!! I used a red/pink/white/black multisized glitter from Essence’s Urbanized collection. It’s called “Be my Town Homie!”

Here’s one coat of glitter over Tourmaline:


It’s a really nice glitter, I like it a lot. It dries a bit slowly though.


Tourmaline is a serious stainer. I wore this mani for approximately three hours, then I removed it. My nails looked as if I had been peeling beetroots for a month! And mind you, it takes a lot for my nails to get stained.

Both Tourmaline and Be my Town Homie were limited editions and are no longer available.


Number of coats: 3 of the shimmer, 1 of the glitter
Drying time: Good for the shimmer, slow for the glitter
Finish: Shimmer / glitter
Overall impression: I really like both of them
Buy again: The three coats of Tourmaline will probably put me off. Yes to the Essence glitter.

12 comments: