Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Foxy Paws ~ Only Teardrops and Orly ~ Aqua Pixel



Foxy Paws ~ Only Teardrops
Aqua blue linear holo

Foxy Paws is a Danish indie brand. Only Teardrops is from a Eurovision Song themed collection of two polishes called “The Eurovision Collection”.

Denmark won the Eurovision Song Contest of 2013 with the song “Only Teardrops” sung by Emmelie de Forest. I’m not hugely interested in Eurovision, but I do think it’s pretty cool that Denmark actually won.

But anyway! I didn’t buy the polish because of all that, I bought it because it’s blue and it’s holographic, and because I didn’t have a shade quite like this in my collection.

The formula was good, and so was the drying time. It took two layers to make it look cool, which is pretty good for a light colour like this. I chose a different polish for my ring finger and my thumb: Orly’s “Aqua Pixel”, which is their version of an aqua blue textured polish with silver glitter. The formula of the Aqua Pixel is no less than fantastic. It almost covers in one coat and the drying time is really good. I applied an extra coat just to give the polish the best conditions to shine!

So, here’s a picture of two layers of Only Teardrops and two layers of Aqua Pixel. The picture is taken in direct sunlight:


I’m really glad I bought both these polishes. They fit so well together. I love this colour, that is a new addition to my stash. And I seriously love that textured Orly!


I know I sound greedy now, but I just wish that the holo was a little bit more prominent in Only Teardrops. It’s lovely, but… you know… just a little bit more! :D 

I should have left it like that, but I had an idea in my head, that didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to. Now you get to see it! :D I painted two “teardrops” on three of my nails. I used a polish from H&M called Active Blue, which is a mini bottle full of navy blue shimmer. I used my dotting tool to make the teardrops. And here’s the result of that:


I’m not as good at drawing teardrops as I thought I was! But never mind, I think it looks pretty cool anyway. In all modesty, obviously ;) 

Here’s when I decided to add extra holo! I used a holo topcoat from Treasures by Tan called “Oasis”. I applied a single layer over the three fingers, and here’s a sunshine pic:


Now that’s much better – look at them pretty rainbows right there! <3


This is a Treasure by Tan polish that I’m sure to keep. The holo is great and it doesn’t dull the underlaying colour as much as I’ve seen other holo toppers do.
In fact; all these three are keepers, yay!

Here’s the winner song of Eurovision Song Contest 2013: Only Teardrops with Emmelie de Forest: 

Do you like this mani? I’m quite fond of it myself :)



Foxy Paws ~ Only Teardrops
Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.75/10
Buy again: Yes

Orly ~ Aqua Pixel
Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9.25/10
Buy again: Yes

Treasures by Tan ~ Oasis
Opacity: -/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. I agree it's pity the holo in Only Teardrops is so shy, but I love how you fixed that LOL - great mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I love trying to fix my polishes so they end up like I want them :)

      Delete
  2. You don't sound greedy. The more HOLO the better. Lol.. Holo Nation! Lol.. But still an overall great mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holo nation - that's where I want to live! LOL
      And thanks - I appreciate it :)

      Delete
  3. I see not teardrops on your nails, but drops of summer rain with the rainbow! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's really cool, I like the way you think! <3

      Delete
  4. Well done! Amazing holographic shine. I like the blue shades you used in this mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I am so pleased to hear that :)

      Delete
  5. The Orly looks pretty nice... I have some on my wishlist ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have any on my wishlist, but changed my mind and bought two: This one and the pink one. :)

      Delete
  6. Both colors are really pretty and they go so well together! I especially like Only Teardrops... it's a really sweet blue! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't is. And like I said, it's special because I don't have anything quite like it in my stash :)

      Delete
  7. Never heard of the brand before! Nice with polishes from our neighbours and you did deserve the EC win :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've heard about Wellnails, then it's the same polish maker :) And thank you :)

      Delete