Saturday, July 6, 2013

Treasures by Tan ~ Lickin’ Lizard



Treasures by Tan ~ Lickin’ Lizard  
Pale metallic green linear holo

Here’s another one of the six Treasures by Tan holos that I bought recently. I knew already from the first one I tried (check it out here) that they need underwear to work. That’s kind of a disappointment, but fortunately something I can work my way around.

I started out with a Pastel polish that I got in a swap with my friend Aylin from Posh Nail Art. I think I’m slightly colourblind when it comes to blues and greens, because I took it for being mint green, although on the pictures it looks blue. But anyway, it’s #145, and the formula is great, even for a pastel colour, and the drying time is really good. It took two easy coat to make it look good, and behold – I’m wearing pastels again, take a look:


I must admit that I like this! I wouldn’t wear it on its own, but then again, I hardly ever wear any polish on its own, so I don’t see that as a big deal.

I applied the Lickin’ Lizard, and I snapped this picture after having applied one coat on my little finger and my ring finger – just to give you an idea of what it looks like over the mint. The two first pictures are taken in regular daylight.



Then I applied the holo on the rest of the nails, ending up with two coats on each nail. And here’s a picture in the sunshine for you:


The holo isn’t very prominent, as you can see. Hmfr!


Here’s one last shot – it is a holo after all!

 
I really wanted to like this series of holos, but I’m not convinced that they are keepers yet. I’ve still got a blue, red, magenta and a holo topper to try yet, before I make the final decision about these.

So, what do you think? Would you keep?


Opacity: 3/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 6/10
Value for money: 5/10
Overall: 5/10
Buy again: No

6 comments:

  1. IT looks pretty, but I wouldn´t purchase it. It just doesn´t look like "must-have" holo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll try it over a darker green as well, just to see if the holo pops more, you know? :)

      Delete
  2. That mint green is quite pretty on you! And I like the holo polish you added on top... it looks really good over the base green color. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so sweet of you. I'm not as good in pastels as you are though, but I can live with this outcome :)

      Delete
  3. I agree, not much going on there - could have been spectacular!

    ReplyDelete