Saturday, December 19, 2015

El Corazón Kaleidoscope ~ #5 and #7



El Corazón Kaleidoscope ~ #5 and #7
A marble decal made without water

I saw a video where a girl made the most beautiful marble. She dabbed polish onto a piece of silicon, made three stripes in the wet polish, and then she made “stripes” in the polish with a thin brush. It looked super easy and was so pretty so I decided to try it out.

If there’s one thing I have learned during my years as a nail blogger, then it is that nothing is as easy as it looks. I did the same thing as on the video but it just wouldn’t make any prettiness on my silicone mat. Grr. It looked so weird so I mixed it all together in frustration. But hey – when I looked at the dollops of polish on the mat I saw a quite pretty design, and decided to use it even though it looked different than I had originally thought.

Take a look at my final mani:


I must admit that I really like that!

The blue polish is #05 and the pink is #07. They both cover really well; I have got two coats of the blue on my pinkie and my pointer.


Here are the polishes I used:


I am definitely going to try to make more decals on my silicone mat. I bought it cheap in IKEA btw, and it works like a charm.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Finish: Crème
Overall impression: I love one coaters and this is a really pretty green
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. LOL - you are right, what looks easy isn't always just that :)
    I like the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one particular girl who makes the most amazing designs. She's so skilled that everything just looks like a piece of pie - and none of it is! Argh! :D

      Delete
  2. I really like these colours together, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the combination, these colours are so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete