Thursday, April 26, 2012

Color Club ~ Red Velvet ~ with splatter


Color Club ~ Red Velvet
Black base with red flecks


A girl can never have too many Color Club nail polishes in my opinion. I don’t quite know how many I’ve got, so let’s just say I’ve got a number of them. :D

Red velvet is one of those polishes I just knew I had to have when I saw it. Dark, vampy, delicious!

The formula is great – it is a Color Club after all, and the mani was opaque in two easy coats. It dried up a little bit funny – not gritty as such or bumpy, but it didn’t look smooth either. I didn’t care though; any top coat can solve that little problem.

Here’s the pic, no top coat:


I wish that the red colour was a bit more prominent than it actually is. I would certainly have given it a coat of something sparkly, if it wasn’t for the fact that I had other plans for this mani. I was going out to an event where the theme was something with vampires, so I wanted to spice it up a little bit. I can’t draw though, so I went for stamping. I used Konad stamping plate M21 and Konad’s white stamping polish. I placed the stamp randomly on each nail. Here’s that step:



And then I took Jesse’s Girl’s Magenta polish, which is a sheer magenta, and painted a thin coat over the whole thing, so that the splatters went red.



I think it looks pretty cool!And it went perfectly with the vampire theme! :)


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: Yes

21 comments:

  1. omg your splats are so perfect! what a great idea to use a stamp! love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I'm happy you like it. I was very pleased with my splats as well. :)

      Delete
  2. ooooh I love the splatter stamp, must get that plate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I agree, it's perfect for vampire nails! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually pretty hard to come up with a good mani for that theme, IMO. I tried googling, but I'm not as talented as many of the nail artists :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you - I so wanted there to be more red, and the jelly made the black look purplish.. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, I like it when manis work the way you want them to.

      Delete
  6. I like the splatter effect!
    There's an award on my blog waiting for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! Love the splatters turned red. They look perfect.

    I'm a fan of Color Club too. Red Velvet looks quite a bit like China Glaze Lubu Heels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleased with this. My biggest problem was to find a red jelly in my stash. Jesse's Girl was the one that was closest to what I wanted. :)

      The polish also reminds me a bit of a NYX polish, um... Dorothy, I think. It's in my stash of untrieds yet. :)

      Delete
  8. I love the polishes you used, CC looks gorgeous. Awesome manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so cute - and a gorgeous color-combo too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually liked the purple shine that the magenta added to the mani! :)

      Delete
  10. I need to go read some more of your Color Club posts (I'm a new follower) bc from reading this you seem to really like their formula, & it's making me wonder if I wrote it off too soon! I have only tried one Color Club polish (He Loves Me) that I got in my March Birchbox & the formula just plain awful & hard to work with. I know it's a pastel, but dang haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a couple of Color Clubs where the formula was weird, but as a rule I love them.
      I don't know if it's got to do with that I don't really do pastels. :)
      Welcome to my blog, btw!

      Delete