Thursday, September 13, 2012

Nicole by OPI ~ Iceberg Lotus

Nicole by OPI ~ Iceberg Lotus  
Shimmery duochrome that shifts between teal and purple

Meet my one and only Nicole polish! I bought it in a blog sale, because I’m such a sucker for teal shimmers! The bottle cap says “New perfect stroke brush” and that’s true. I don’t know how the brushes were before, but this brush is very nice to work with. It’s flat and relatively wide, but the bristles themselves are short, which makes it very easy to control the brush strokes.

It took three coats to reach full opacity. Had I known I was going to end up stamping on it, I might have let two coats be enough, haha! :)

Drying time felt longer and longer for each coat, although I don’t know if it actually was that way or if it just felt like it, because I think three coats is one too many.

I found a bit of sunshine and managed to snap a pic while it was still out:



I love the shimmer in this polish!
Here’s the indoor pic:


It was hard to catch the colour shift, but I think you can see that it flashes both teal and purple on this pic:


(Sorry that my fingers look so weirdly yellow, it was impossible to correct without getting the colour of the polish wrong, grrr!)

I picked Mash stamping plate number 50 for this mani, and used a no name black stamping polish. After the stamping I sealed it all up with a layer of Poshé top coat.



I’m pleased with this. I love the bubbly design, which I think matches the teal perfectly. Do you like this polish? And do you own any Nicole by OPI polishes? If so – are they also three coaters?

Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.75/10
Buy again: No

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like this polish a lot. I have a lot of Nicoles and most of them are 2 coaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case I'll consider buying more of them, so thanks for that bit of info :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you. I like this colour scheme a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the stamping looks on that beautiful polish! Does black, small bubbles are a perfect match for this color. I don't own any Nicole polish, but I would love too, because they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I have also seen a lot of beautiful Nicole polishes, but I must admit that the three coats almost scared me off :D

      Delete
  4. i love the stamp! and the polish is soo gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful polish and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like the colour of the polish :)

      Delete
  7. Oooh that's a gorgeous teal! The purple color shift is really neat! I like the design you added too. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Teal is high up on my list of favourite polish colours at the moment.

      Delete
  8. Pretty stamping. That teal/blue/green/purple is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete