Sunday, May 19, 2013

Joss ~ Caribbean Holiday


Joss ~ Caribbean Holiday
Sky blue linear holo

When I saw Caribbean Holiday on Facebook I just knew I had to have it. And I was told that the stock was limited, so I ordered as soon as I saw it on Norway Nails’ website. I ordered it along with some of its sisters, but that’s a different story - one that I will get back to! Anyway, I was so pleased when the polishes arrived because this looked just as pretty in real life as it had done on the pictures. The big question was: Would this prettiness transfer to the nails. Stay tuned, and we’ll find out in a minute!

I used my regular base coat. Joss polishes don’t need the special aqua base coat to work, I really like that fact. I applied two easy coats, and the polish lives up to my high expectations fully!

Take a look at this:



It takes my breath away!!



Here’s a shot from a different angle. Isn’t this just pretty??



And the holo also pops in lower light, which I really like. This picture is taken in regular daylight: 




There’s no top coat involved in any of the previous picture!

Now for a bit of stamping. I used my new plate, Apipila P.6 and a no name black stamping polish. I bought my Apipila plates in a group buy on Facebook, and I am totally in love with all of them. The designs are SO cool and easily big enough to fit my whole fingernails, which is just great!
I chose a scattered design, and here’s the final result:



This design is a total winner for me! 


 
It’s the closest we get to a crackle without involving a crackle polish! :D



There’s topcoat on the stamped nails, and it’s my all time favourite: Poshé!



Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

I bought this polish myself, and it can be bought from norwaynails.com when it’s back in stock. 
Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase. You should do it today, where the sales start!!

30 comments:

  1. Josh can take me to the Caribbeans any day ;)

    Gorgeous polish - and I love the subtle stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to come with you on that holiday at the Caribbeans! yay!! :)

      Delete
  2. Caribbean Holiday looks gorgeous and love the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am very pleased with it too :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing color, love this polish and the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally in love with this colour. And thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Ohh this is so super gorgeous :) love the stamping over the top too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I appreciate it!! :)

      Delete
  5. This is one of the best blue holos I have seen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what an amazing holo!! If just all oceans looked like that ;)
    And the stamping looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And I agree, this holo is spectacular, I really love it!

      Delete
  7. Very pretty! It reminds me of a swimming pool :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! :) And I'd love to swim around in that :)

      Delete
  8. OMG, what a holo! Love the design too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It IS an amazing polish <3

      Delete
  9. Oooh I just love intense teals like this... so gorgeous and tropical! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  10. This ris a gorgeous holo, I love all the JOSS holos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I think they're amazing. There are more coming up too :)

      Delete
  11. This is a gorgeous polish!!!! And does Norway nails ship to Turkey, I wonder... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably don't, but "somebody" do ship from Denmark, I've heard ;) LOL

      Delete
  12. Despite not big a fan of Caribbean Holiday(hate really hot weather) this is a beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! I've never been on a Caribbean holiday, but I'd absolutely love to! :)

      Delete
  13. They need to stop coming up with new brands of holos!!! I have too many already!!! This is stunning though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - although, "too many" doesn't appeal to me when it comes to holos ;D

      Delete
  14. Ok this looks even better than the color clubs? So pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is a serious competitor to the Color Clubs! :)

      Delete