Here's the link to the nail file: Click here!
Here are the tools that came with it:
Five different tools! From left to right:
- A nail file
- A buffer
- A tool to smooth out ridges
- A cuticle file
- A file for dead skin
The nail grooming tool came with an instruction sheet, explaining which tool to use for what:
The electric nail file requires two AA batteries, which aren't included in the package.
I've used three of the five files so far. I've tried the one for the nails, which works okay, but I must admit that it takes quite a bit longer to do it this way than I'm used to, so I'm probably not going to use it that much.
I've also used the two white cones for removing dead skin around the cuticles with. That works okay too, once I learned to control the tool. When you're accustomed to using a manual file, then it takes a little practice to get used to an electrical one :)
- The price tag says only $10.12 - of which you're getting 10% off if you're using my code: JCJ61!
- It comes with five different tools, so you should be covered, file wise!
- Great size, you can take it with you in your purse if you wish to.
- My test nail filing device is a little difficult to work with - sometimes I have to unscrew the lid to the batteries several times to make it work. I don't know if it's just mine in particular though, or if it's a general problem to do with the manufacture or design.
- The nail file does take a bit of patience to operate effectively.
All in all a neat little tool! Not for "heavy" users though.
Next thing up is a cuticle pusher (link here):
It looks like this:
One end is spoon-shaped, and is for shaping and pushing cuticles. The edge is quite sharp, so it can also be used for removing dead skin around the cuticles. I find it a little "rough" for finger nails, but perhaps it's good for people with false nails. I've found that it works great for the toenails instead, so that's what I'm using it for!
The other end is like a hook. It is good for cleaning under the nails, and I find it particularly good for my pedicures. I have a tendency to suffer from ingrown toenails, and this tool is perfect for cleaning and "lifting" the toenail slightly to ease the pressure.
- The price. It only costs $2!
- The material is stainless steel, very sturdy
- Great for pedicures
- It's a little rough for manicures