Thursday, May 30, 2013

OPI ~ Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue with Girly Bits ~ Cosmic Ocean



OPI ~ Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue
Deep shimmery Marine blue
and
Girly Bits ~ Cosmic Ocean
Blue/green duochromatic layering polish

I’m getting more and more blue polishes in my stash. There was a time where purple was my favourite colour polish, and I still think purple is pretty. But blue is so pretty as well. I’ll see if I can vary my use of colours more in future, I promise! :D

Anyway, I started out with an OPI from the Germany collection from winter 2012, namely Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue. A re-gretta-bly silly name for a very pretty polish. You should know by now that I’m not an OPI fan, but if all OPIs were like this one, then I’d definitely be a huge fan. The polish applied easily and dried fast too! That almost never happens when I wear OPI polishes, so I was amazed!! The polish is a gorgeous blue, very vibrant. Take a look – this is two coats, no topcoat:


Whoa, right? Here’s another shot:


Then I added some extra shimmer and slightly duochromatic effect. I applied a coat of Girly Bits “Cosmic Ocean”, which is a beautiful blue/green shimmer. I didn’t know it was a topper when I bought it, so I was a bit disappointed when I saw the polish at first. But after having walked around it for a little while, I’ve now come to the conclusion that this polish definitely has a place in my stash.

I’ve applied one coat over my little finger and my ring finger, and none over the middle finger and the index finger, so you can see what difference the shimmer does:


It’s not dramatically different, but enough to make a statement in my opinion. Here’s a picture where I’ve applied Cosmic Ocean on all my nails:


Note the shimmer that really shows on the thumb! This polish is a gem!

I still stamped on it :D I stamped with Gosh Holographic Hero – it’s a fantastic stamping polish, and I used the stamping plate H22, which I believe is a Fauxnad plate. I also used my new XL stamper. I sealed the whole thing up with Poshé topcoat, and here’s the final result:

the picture is taken under a light bulb

And here’s a picture taken in my light box.  I really like this kind of pattern:


I was so lucky that the sun was shining the next morning, so I snapped this picture:


Isn’t it just gorgeous in the sunshine?

Here are the three polishes I used:


It seems that my favourite colour nail polish at the moment is teal, closely followed by blue and purple. What is yours?
  
I bought my Cosmic Ocean at Foxy Fingertips. It’s a Danish website, but they do ship to other European countries. Say hi from me, if you order from their store please :)

6 comments:

  1. haha "A re-gretta-bly silly name" - a good laugh to start the day with, thanks :)
    PS love the mani too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And I must admit that some of OPI's names make me cringe! :D

      Delete
  2. Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue is so pretty... probably one of my favorite blues... yes the name is unfortunate, like a lot of OPIs lol. I really like Cosmic Ocean and the stamping you added on top. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really nice blue, and I was seriously impressed with the formula. I wish all my OPIs were like this one :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous manicure! <3

    ReplyDelete