Thursday, August 22, 2013

Emily de Molly ~ Indigo Flow


Emily de Molly ~ Indigo Flow  
Indigo blue linear holographic

It can’t be a secret by now that I love a good holographic polish! The stronger the holo, the more I love it! In this department, Emily de Molly delivers in full. I have bought two of her holos: Indigo Flow, which is blue, and Seeing Red which is - hold onto your hats - red. TodayI’m going to show you Indigo Flow.

The formula is no less than fantastic. I used my regular basecoat and didn’t experience any problems with dragging or bald spots. Just pure blue perfection in a bottle! I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time is really good too.

And ladies, if you’re into blue polishes, then prepare to swoon, because this polish is amazingly beautiful. Here is two coats and no top coat:



I told you it was pretty! All the pictures are taken in the sunshine; the rainbows aren’t shy, that’s for sure:




It reminds me of calm water on a beautiful Caribbean beach <sighs>
Not that I've ever been to a Caribbean beach, but in my mind, the water is this colour.




The most difficult thing about this polish is actually to stop taking pictures of it! LOL



I decided for a bit of discrete stamping on it. I stamped with Essie’s “Blue Rhapsody” and used my XL stamping plate H for the heart & star design. I chose a fairly “light” design in order not to overwhelm the beautiful holo. And here, my dear ladies, is the result:




Isn’t that just perfect!




The cool thing about this is that when the sun is gone, then the design is quite visible and when the sun is out, the holo steals the entire scene. I love that.



This is my first Emily de Molly and I’m seriously impressed. I love pretty much everything about it: the colour, the formula, the drying time and the holo effect. She ticks all the boxes, for sure. I hope my next one will be just as cool. We’ll soon find out.


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.75/10
Buy again: Yes

I bought this polish myself, and it’s available from norwaynails.com.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

12 comments:

  1. Do YOU love a good holographic polish, wow had nooo idea at all *giggling*
    This is so much a you polish, what a lovely and strong holo effect, and I like the stamping too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, well, I do like holos a little bit, I just thought I'd let you know! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm totally into blue polishes, you know that :D. This polish is simply stunning!!! Love the stamping too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know that :D and I knew you'd like this one! :)

      Delete
  3. That's so stunning! The holo effect looks especially gorgeous against the blue. :) Love the subtle stamping you added too! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing polish for sure. And thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. That is sooooooooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty blue! It's making my eyes feel excited :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly the purpose of the polish, so I'm happy to read that! :D

      Delete