Thursday, August 1, 2013

I've got the skull blues!



Hot Topic Blackheart~ Blue Glitter
Clear base with various sizes of blue glitter
  
I have a thing for skulls. They fascinate me and I think they’re beautiful. So Hot Topic’s Blackheart series of skull polishes are so me. I have a bunch of them, but to be honest I think they’re so cool looking that I almost don’t have the heart to actually wear them, haha!!

But today is the day where I wear the blue glitter. It has probably got a name, but I can’t find it anywhere on the bottle. And it isn’t on Hot Topic’s website anymore, so “Blue Glitter” will have to do for now.

I decided to layer it, since I guess it’ll take 3-4 coats to make this opaque on its own. So I started out with one coat of Golden Rose Matte Velvet #103, which is a lovely blue suede. When that was dry shortly after, I applied two coats of the Blackheart blue glitter, and sealed that up with a coat of Poshé topcoat.

On the accent nails, which are my ring fingers and my thumbs today, I applied two coats of Girly Bits’ “Roger That”, which is a great blue linear holo. And then I took one picture before I continued; take a look:



The sun was only halfway cooperative today, so this was the best I could do to show you the rainbows :)

In order to make this a “complete skull mani” I stamped on it. I used a motif from my Apipila 01 plate and I stamped with Color Club “Lumin-Icent”. I sealed the stamps up with a layer of Poshé as well, and my mani was done:


I also stamped a skull with a bow on my thumb nails:


 
Since I couldn’t get the sun to shine no matter how hard I tried, I’ve got one last picture for you, taken in my lightbox:



And here are the pretty blue polishes I used: 



It feels good to have actually tried one of my skull polishes from Hot Topic. I like this shade of blue, even though I must admit that I’d buy Blackheart polishes for the bottle alone


So: Today I’ve got the blue skulls. What about you?



Opacity: 3/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 6.5/10
Buy again: Yes, but only for the bottle

6 comments:

  1. What a fun name - and a really lovely mani!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't know its real name though :) And thank you, I'm glad to hear it :)

      Delete
  2. That glitter looks gorgeous! And your manicure too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those skulls are lovely!!! And the bottle is just so cool!!! :D

    ReplyDelete