Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Walking down Memory Lane with Be-Yu: #475

Walking down Memory Lane with Be-Yu: #475
Turquoise shimmer

It has been 8 years since I wore this polish so it definitely qualifies to be in a "Memory Lane"-blog post. I don't own many Be-Yu polishes because I honestly think they're a bit expensive. I have bought my Be-Yu's in Germany, but the brand is available in more than 40 countries according to their website. Be-Yu is short for Be Yourself, by the way.

I have bought many polishes in Germany because the prices usually are really good and there are also lots of brands that I can't get in my own neck of the woods.

The formula of Be-Yu #475 is good and so is the coverage. The polish looks a little bit duochrome in the bottle but the effect doesn't transfer onto the nails. I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time was good.

I topped it with a glitter from Gabrini's Carnaval collection: #C08. It's a lovely blue/white mix of glitters, bars and hexes.

Then I made a sort of "necklace" of dots on each nail with two OPI polishes: First an orange, "Summer Lovin' Having A Blast", and then a pastel yellow, "Meet A Boy Cute As Can Be". They are both from OPI's Summer 2018 Grease collection".

Here's the final result.

Be-Yu: #475
Be-Yu: #475

I wasn't quite sure about the dotty "necklaces" but I ended up quite liking that detail.

Be-Yu: #475
Be-Yu: #475

This is Be-Yu #475 alone, two coats and no topcoat yet. It's such a lovely turquoise.

Be-Yu: #475
Be-Yu: #475

Here are all the polishes I used today.


Be-Yu #475 is a lovely colour with a lovely formula.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: Very pretty colour, good formula, easy to work with
Buy again: Yes

1 comment: