Monday, November 30, 2020

Top Shelf Lacquer: You Had Me At Merlot

Top Shelf Lacquer: You Had Me At Merlot
A deep wine shimmery red jelly base that has a shift from reddish pink to orange


"You Had Me At Merlot" is from the Polish Pickup from June 2020.

The formula of "You Had Me At Merlot" is on the thick side and I had to make an effort to apply it close to the cuticles without actually getting it on the cuticles. I managed though and the polish covered in two coats. The drying time was good.

I made a bunch of orange "stripes" in the bottom corner of each nail and then I made some black dots on that.

This is the end result, including a layer of topcoat. The photo is taken under a lamp.

Top Shelf Lacquer: You Had Me At Merlot
Top Shelf Lacquer: You Had Me At Merlot

The shimmer in this polish is super pretty.

 

Top Shelf Lacquer: You Had Me At Merlot
Top Shelf Lacquer: You Had Me At Merlot

 

Here's "You Had me At Merlot" alone; two coats and a layer of topcoat. This photo is taken in the sun.

 

Top Shelf Lacquer: You Had Me At Merlot
Top Shelf Lacquer: You Had Me At Merlot

 

And here are the polishes I used today.

 

"You Had Me At Merlot" is super pretty, I like it a lot. It was limited edition and is no longer available.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good

Finish: Jelly with colour shifting shimmer

Overall impression: Really nice colour. I couldn't get it to flash orange though.
Buy again: Yes

1 comment: