Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Foxy Paws ~ It Takes a Woman



Foxy Paws ~ It Takes a Woman
Red linear holo

Foxy Paws is a Danish indie brand. “It Takes a Woman” is from the Holo, Dolly! collection from summer 2013. The collection is inspired by the legendary broadway musical, “Hello, Dolly!” 

I’ve been looking for a good red holo for a while. My problem is that many of the red holos out there are either leaning towards salmon or are too sheer. This one looked promising, so I ordered it the moment it became available online.

The formula is nice and the pigmentation is good! Yay! It took two coats to get this opaque, so I was a happy bunny! Drying time is good too, and I didn’t use an aqua basecoat for this holo. It just worked with a regular basecoat.

Let me show you what two coats and no topcoat looks like:


It leans a little bit towards pink, so it’s not a true red, but seriously, this time I don’t mind at all!




The rainbows are so pretty and the colour is great. I love this red holo!


I added a bit of glitter on the tips. I used P2’s “Let’s Dance”, which is a silver glitter. I dabbed glitter on with a makeup sponge, sealed the whole thing up with a layer of topcoat, and here’s the final result:


Red and silver go together much nicer than red and gold :) Perhaps that’s because I like silver so much more than I like gold.


So, my search is over. I’ve finally found the red linear holo I’ve been wanting for so long. Who knew that it would show up right here in little Denmark.

Do you like this? Will you eventually get tired of seeing holos on my blog?

It Takes a Woman is available from www.foxyfingertips.com. If you buy something, please say hi from me :)


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. What a great name for a nail polish brand. Like it. :-) Lovely red shade. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so lovely with the glitter tips - I wish the holo was stronger tho...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also a sucker for crazy linear holos - it can't be too strong, imo :)

      Delete
  3. I like the silver accents on such a luminous holo:)This mani reminds me of Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'd definitely wear something like this for Christmas! :)

      Delete
  4. If you can, look to the JADE or HITS reds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got Ares by Hits, but haven't gotten around to trying it on yet :) I will when the sun is back in town though!

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful red holo!

    ReplyDelete