Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hard Candy ~ Crush on Caribbean & Mermaid Magic



Hard Candy ~ Crush on Caribbean & Mermaid Magic  
Seagreen shimmer and Seagreen glitter with lilac glitter

Hard Candy is a cool name for a series of cosmetics, don’t you think? It makes me think of something sweet and nice. Something that you can enjoy. And the Hard Candy polishes I received in a swap are exactly like that.

Let me show you two of the four I received recently, Crush on Caribbean and Mermaid Magic. They both have the same base colour, sea green, which is a colour I seriously have a crush on!

I started out with the shimmer. The formula is good and the pigmentation even better. I couldn’t quite get away with just one coat, but almost! I applied two coats, and the polish dried pretty fast. I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat – I wouldn’t normally have done that before I was done, but right then I thought I was doing a tape mani. As it happens, I wasn’t – more about that in a moment :)

Here is two coats, and one layer of Poshé topcoat – the picture is taken in the sunshine:


Isn’t that just pretty? I love, love, love this colour!


Then it was my intention to tape half the nail and apply glitter on one half of the nail. But the two colours were too close to each other, so it just didn’t make sense to just paint half the nail. I applied a layer of Mermaid Magic over all of the nails. The glitter spread out evenly and I didn’t have to fish (haha) for the lilac glitter. The amount of glitter on each nail comes from just one dip in the bottle per nail. Very cool indeed!

I am still not done, so there’s no topcoat over the glitter:


The glitter went crazy sparkling in the sun, which made this very difficult to photograph! :D



Then I stamped on my ring finger and my thumb. I used my Apipila 02 stamping plate and stamped with Essie “Nothing Else Metals”. A last layer of Poshé topcoat completed my mani, and here’s the final result:


I had to take these last two pictures in the shadow in order to make the two stamps visible, because there’s so much bling in this mani that it’s almost incredible! :D


How’s this? I really like it, but how about you?
And have you got any Hard Candy polishes yourself?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, this is another so you mani - beautiful as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Next time I'll try it over a different colour so the glitter pops more :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh I love the end result! The colors you used just go so well together! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stamping adds a "raisin" to this mani :). I love the result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I am glad I added the stamp :) thanks!

      Delete