Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Liquid Sky Lacquer ~ Twilight Rain



Liquid Sky Lacquer ~ Twilight Rain
Purple with holo microglitter

Here’s another polish from Liquid Sky that wanted to shine.

I applied two easy coats and the drying time between the coats is good. I used two coats for good coverage.

Here’s two coats and no topcoat taken in the sun:


And here’s a picture taken with flash. You can see that the holo effect comes from holographic microglitter.


Here’s what it looks like in low lights:


I decided to do a gradient stamp on it. I chose a tartan motif from Moyou London’s stamping plate Pro Colletion XL-01, and I stamped with a pink and a blue stamping polish from Moyou (not Moyou London!).

Here’s my final design in the sun:


This is a flash picture:


And finally a low light picture:


I love the effect of gradient stamping, it really adds to a mani. So yes, I do like this a lot! And! I wore it for 6½ days before it chipped a little bit. Impressive!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Finish: Strong linear holo
Removal: Absolutely no problems
Overall impression: Great quality polish, I would have loved some more prominent rainbows and a clearer purple :)
Buy again: No

14 comments:

  1. Wow, 6,5 days without chipping! Sounds really amazing! The gradient stamping looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that I was seriously impressed by the wear! :)

      Delete
  2. I agree, this is the least impressive among the "Twilight" polishes, I haven't worn mine yet, but I see it on the swatch stick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing it on your nails too :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful color--right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice purple and I love how it sparkles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stamping is great! Makes it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo pretty and such a lovely stamping too. :-)

    ReplyDelete