Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Cuccio ~ Nantucket Navy



Cuccio ~ Nantucket Navy
Navy with blue shimmer

I used this polish for striping when I tried Orly’sRoad Trippin’ (click the link to see what I’m talking about :D). It looked darker than I anticipated so I decided that I needed to wear it as a base colour too.

The formula is great and this, dear readers, is a one coater! I applied an extra coat out of habit and because that’s how I roll, but it didn’t make any difference at all.

So this is two coats:


I like this colour way more than I thought I would. The shimmer makes this polish stand out in my opinion.

I stamped on it anyway because that’s also how I roll. The motif is from Moyou London’s stamping plate Illusion collection-01 and I stamped with Gosh’s Holographic Hero.

This is a photo of that step.


I also added glitter because I really liked stamping with glitter on it. This time I used Jordana’s Lunar Lights, which is a clear base with iridescent glitters in various sizes. I made sure I only got a bit of the glitter on each nail, in order not to overwhelm the holo.

This is my final mani, including a layer of topcoat.


Nantucket Navy is a part of the Romania After Dark Collection.



Number of coats: 1 (I used 2, it didn’t make a difference)
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Tons of shimmer
Overall impression: I like this way more than I thought I would.  
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. oooohhh I love the stamping. Lovely effect :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too dark for me - but wow, the stamping takes it to a new level!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'd wear it on its own either, but then again, I hardly ever do that with any polish. But I really like it :) Thank you! ♥

      Delete
  3. I like it with the stamping more, great holo effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Gosh is so great at stamping, thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Nice color and with the stamping it looks even more pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete