Tuesday, October 25, 2011

China Glaze ~ In the Lime Light


China Glaze ~ In the Lime Light
Bright neon green polish with a touch of blue shimmer

"In the lime light" is from the China Glaze 2008 INK collection. I bought mine just recently, so it’s still possible to find it online.

This is another one of the China Glaze polishes I was excited to try. Green is not my favourite colour in nail polish as such, however I do like colours that stand out from the crowd. And this seemed to be a good choice for that purpose.

Applying the lacquer was somewhat on the tricky side. It’s quite sheer and very difficult to apply. I kept getting bald spots and streaks. I applied three coats and it dried with a matte finish, like many neon colours do. 

 

I had decided to apply China Glaze’s crackle “Black Mesh” over it, so I stopped after three layers of the green. Had the green been on its own, I would have needed to add a fourth coat for full opaqueness.

Anyway – as I said, the polish dried to a matte finish. I applied Seche Vite top coat over nine of the nails and let it dry. I left my left little finger without top coat because I wanted to see how the crackle would react to that. 


“Black Mesh” did crackle well, also on the nail without the top coat, but it didn’t crackle as much as on the 9 other nails. The pic shows a nail with top coat under the crackle on the left, and the nail without top coat on the right. The difference is quite obvious, isn’t it.


All in all I was very satisfied indeed with this look. It would be great for Halloween, perhaps with a bright orange colour on every other nail.



Opacity: 4/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.25/10
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. Holy crap that is one bright green!! Am not a crackle fan-so I won't talk about that-but does that blind you looking at it???? HAHAHAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes, it's an amazing neon green, and especially in the sunlight! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is bright and I really like the black craackle over it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I don't do black crackle much, but when I do I prefer the bright colours underneath. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE this. Freaking fabulous, that is!!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree more. It certainly stands out from the crowd! :D ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shouldn't be. You have lots of awesome colours too! :)

    ReplyDelete